Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 02:16 PM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Just found this and wondered!

Source

Car Ticketed With Dead Body at the Wheel

SYDNEY, Australia (AP) -- A traffic warden slapped a parking ticket on a car which had its dead driver slumped at the wheel outside an Australian shopping mall, an official said Friday.

The body of the 71-year-old man, whose identity was not immediately released, was discovered Thursday in a parking lot in the southern city of Melbourne, The Age newspaper reported Friday.

The man had been reported missing nine days earlier and was known to be seriously ill, the newspaper said.

Nevertheless, a parking officer who inspected the vehicle failed to notice the man inside and issued the parking fine two days before his body was discovered.

Paul Denham, the mayor of Maroondah council, where the man was found, said the parking officer was "distressed" to learn that the dead man had been inside the car.

"Our local laws officer checked and wrote out the ticket at the rear of the vehicle and placed the ticket from the passenger side on the windscreen," Denham said in a statement. "The local laws officer did not notice anything unusual regarding the vehicle, and is extremely distressed to have learned of the situation."
Old 10-21-2005, 02:39 PM   #2
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

OH my. I am sure it will never happen to him again. To many wobbley pops before work.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:27 PM   #3
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Wow!

That's the first i've heard of that, but this kind of stuff usually creates a shakedown in Aussieland so i guess i'll be hearing a bit more of it in the near future.

It's all good and well to say we need our eyes checked, but you haven't seen the kind of people who qualify as parking officers/attendants...
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 09:20 PM   #4
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

LOL, true, but then, I'm not sure I'd want to be locked in my car and depend on one of them to notice!
Old 10-23-2005, 09:37 PM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Years ago, a buddy of mine worked at a drugstore in Detroit on the night shift.

He had noticed that there was a Pontiac Trans Am that had been parked in the same place in the parking lot for a few days. He was thinking about trying to "acquire" it somehow when the property manager apparently noticed it and had it removed.

When they went to move it, they found there was a body in it. In the trunk, I believe.

Enought to make you swear off of looking into cars, it is...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 05:38 AM   #6
wellard
Dracolisk

Sorry it took me so long to reply Cloudy I just plain failed to notice this thread. [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

I wonder if the guy's funeral hearse will get a speeding ticket? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 08:34 AM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Bungleau...eeew! I wonder how many times that happens? Not exactly what you'd expect, although a decent car being abandoned, should make one stop and think, eh?!

Wellard! HAHAHAHAHA! Wondered when you'd see this one! Speeding ticket... *snicker*
Old 10-24-2005, 11:45 AM   #8
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Only if he's on the highway to...*censors self out of respect to the family*

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote