Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 07:23 AM   #1
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Some of you may have seen this, for those that haven't.... Consider your self lucky

Link No#1

Link No#2

Quote:

Blizzard adds in a new instance, Zul'Gurub. Inside is the god of blood, Hakkar. Well, when you fight him he has a debuff called Corrputed Blood. It does like 250-350 damage to palyers and affects nearby players. The amazing thing is SOME PLAYERS have brought this disease (and it is a disease) back to the towns, outside of the instance. It starts spreading amongst the genral population including npcs, who can out generate the damage. Some servers have gotten so bad that you can't go into the major cities without getting the plague (and anyone less than like level 50 nearly immediately die).

GM's even tried quarantining players in certain areas, but the players kept escaping the quarentine and infect other players.
Hehe, this was pretty damn funny... Except I died from it instantly [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 08:12 AM   #2
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

I read this on the forum - sounds pretty funny. My server hasn't been hit with the disease so far.

The good thing is people have been making conspiracies about who caused it - the Alliance blaming the Horde, and the Horde blaming the Alliance. Pretty cool - if Blizzard can't make good World Events let the players do it instead
Old 09-19-2005, 04:08 PM   #3
SecretMaster
Apophis

Haha that is hilarious. I guess I'm glad I haven't played in awhile, hate to have my shammie catch that. Or my lvl 7 paladin.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 06:07 PM   #4
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

It was bloody horrible, some asshole kept bringing into IF, and everyone died. It was funny unless you had to AH something. I made the best of it however, by yelling into the noob zones that I would give 60s to whoever came to IF to find me. Best part? I was in wetlands.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 06:24 PM   #5
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I don't belive this:
It was on my BBC Latest Headlines (firefox) thingy:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4272418.stm
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote