Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2002, 02:20 AM   #1
Black Dragon
Zhentarim Guard

Please don't laugh at me or nothing, cause this is very serious to me. There's this girl in my school she's good looking, and very nice, likes instruments and stuff, and I was wondering if someone could give me a few pointers on how to get her to go out with me, and be my g/f. I would appreciate it very much if you guys would offer me your advice. But trust me, I've tried getting up to her and asking before, but since her opinion counts so much to me, I choke when I go to ask her the question. What do I need to do, to help my self, some pointers to help me ask her, I just need to know what she wants to hear, so I don't make an idiot of myself. [img]graemlins/dropatear.gif[/img] Thanks
Black owns!<br />Dragons rule!!<br /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/blackdragonpic.jpg\" alt=\" - \" /><br /> <b>If the media decided that breathing wasn\'t \"cool\" anymore, half the teenage population would be gone.</b> --Someguy
Old 10-26-2002, 02:48 AM   #2
Lord Shield

do you have a mutual friend that can introduce you? that's an easier option

Thing to remember is that girls are human, boys are human. apart from the obvious, there's no real difference. So stop being afraid of them

"He who dares wins" (SAS motto)

Old 10-26-2002, 07:55 AM   #3
Kaltia
Jack Burton

May i also add strike up conversation with her. Small talk, y'know. I like it when a guy comes up to me and chats away freely instead of either just staring at me or going "Errrrr" a lot. try it, y'never know [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2002, 08:22 AM   #4
Deathbringer

Well I'm no lady but maybe I can help. I've NEVER asked a girl out, they always ask me. The only advice I can give you is:

1) Talk to her and get to know her

2) Be Nice

3) Be Charming [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img]

4) Be Friendly

5) And agree to everything she says [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 10-26-2002, 08:27 AM   #5
Alson
Galvatron

A girl that is worth getting is a girl that appreciates a good sense of humor.

GOOD is still debatable, though.
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Old 10-26-2002, 09:17 AM   #6
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Deathbringer:
And agree to everything she says [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Sound advice for all stages of life if ya ask me
Old 10-26-2002, 10:35 AM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Well, Black Dragon, I don't know you or the girl but in most situations it's easiest to start talking without any pressure. In other words, like Lord Shield suggested, have someone introduce you or maybe a group of you could go someplace, like for pizza or something. Not a 'date' but a group of friends. It would mean you'd be able to talk withouth feeling so much pressure to get her to agree to be your g/f and just maybe you'll hit it off and see how receptive she'd be to that question.
Old 10-26-2002, 10:46 AM   #8
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
May i also add strike up conversation with her. Small talk, y'know. I like it when a guy comes up to me and chats away freely instead of either just staring at me or going "Errrrr" a lot. try it, y'never know [img]smile.gif[/img]
slightly offtopic. *grin* I'll have to remember that Kat when I talk with ya. *grins and ducks any blows or anything headed in his direction*
Old 10-26-2002, 11:40 AM   #9
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

AzRaeL's guide to getting that first date. LMAO [img]tongue.gif[/img]

well you know tell her what you just told us. "you know I've always noticed you in class. You just look amazing today so I had to come over here and say something." depending one the response you get you can work from there into mundane banter, or more flatering stuff about what a great personality you think she has, or you can ask her questions about your common interest, or what she likes to do. The most important thing after the main intro is just to keep her talking. It helps you decide whether or not you realy want to give it a try, and it gives her time to decide that too. After a while just casually ask her what she is doing that evening, or weekend or whenever you want to go out with her. Don't ask as a date or anything, just ask casually and give the vibe like you are just seeing whats happening in town that weekend. If she says yeah im doing this or that or whatever. be cool about it, and tell her what you are doing or whatever, and then talk to her a little bit more and leave. eventually one time she will say nothing, and that is your opportunity to suggest that you two get together and do something that you both enjoy, maybe go to the movies or something. If you are too scared to ask outright you can just suggest that you both get some friends together and go. either way its a good way to get in good with that special lady. eventually you can turn hanging out together with friends to just hanging out together. any relationship takes time especially if you want to make it work. otherwise you can just use a cheesy pickup line.
Ok thats the best i can do. it usually works well for me. remember it's all attitude.
Old 10-26-2002, 12:36 PM   #10
Black Dragon
Zhentarim Guard

Well, we don't exactly not know each other, I know her, i talk to her everyonce and a while, but, I having trouble asking her out, its so hard to let it out!! She's one of my friends, but I also run into this other problem with her, that one of her friends has an obsetion over me... She isn't so obsesive no more, but i know she still likes me, but I don't like her, she gets on my nerves, I really like her friend though, which is my friends too. So, will that cause any problems?
Black owns!<br />Dragons rule!!<br /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/blackdragonpic.jpg\" alt=\" - \" /><br /> <b>If the media decided that breathing wasn\'t \"cool\" anymore, half the teenage population would be gone.</b> --Someguy