Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2002, 09:34 AM   #1
uss
20th Level Warrior

I think this is old news but i heard something that America made a deal with the International Criminal Court that allows American soldiers to cause crimes outside America without any punishment.
I´m not so sure about this but thats what i heard. Could you please tell me the whole story?
Old 10-25-2002, 09:43 AM   #2
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Cor - for a second there I thought the International Cricket Council was expanding into America - I can just imagine all the confusion that would cause - "what do you mean when you say that I have to go out to be in, and when I am out I come in - and that the coming in can even happen if i'm not out but everyone else is?"
Old 10-25-2002, 10:35 AM   #3
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
I think this is old news but i heard something that America made a deal with the International Criminal Court that allows American soldiers to cause crimes outside America without any punishment.
I´m not so sure about this but thats what i heard. Could you please tell me the whole story?
LOL yeah, see we told them if they didn't allow us to commit crimes that we would nuke them.

Geez don't you think that you worded that a bit badly? Noooo what happened is that we made a deal that said we would try our own peole thank you very much. OR we just woudn't help when you wanted it. The ICC and EU is free to reject that idea, but would just have to face the idea that the US would probably refuse to assist you in military matters. Apparently they didn't want to accept that so they cut a deal.

Old 10-25-2002, 03:50 PM   #4
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

I think that America is trying to devalue the ICC, and give a basis for other countries to do the same. If America doesn`t have to have its citizens tried in the Hague, why do other countries (Serbia, Iraq etc) have to too?
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 10-25-2002, 03:52 PM   #5
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Scholarcs:
I think that America is trying to devalue the ICC, and give a basis for other countries to do the same. If America doesn`t have to have its citizens tried in the Hague, why do other countries (Serbia, Iraq etc) have to too?
Because we are the biggest kid on the block!
Old 10-25-2002, 04:00 PM   #6
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Rokenn:
Because we are the biggest kid on the block!
And obviously very jealous of that position...but does that give you the right to do this?
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 10-25-2002, 04:04 PM   #7
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Just so you know if the biggest kid on the block ticks off enough other kids, it doesn't matter how big he is when all the other kids fight back at once.

Germany was a really big kid during WWI and II but look what happened when all the little kids had enough.

When big kids become really arrogant, self-righteous, and pushy then that usually ends up being their downfall.

[ 10-25-2002, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 10-25-2002, 04:08 PM   #8
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by pritchke:
Just so you know if the biggest kid on the block ticks off enough other kids, it doesn't matter how big he is when all the other kids fight back at once.

Germany was a really big kid during WWI and II but look what happened when all the little kids had enough.

When big kids become really arrogant and pushy then that usually ends up being their downfall.
That was exactly my point pritchke [img]smile.gif[/img] Personally I feel for something like the ICC to work it has to apply equally to everyone.
Old 10-25-2002, 04:15 PM   #9
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Rokenn:
That was exactly my point pritchke [img]smile.gif[/img] Personally I feel for something like the ICC to work it has to apply equally to everyone.
Exactly, if only more Americans thought like that (ie Bush).