Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2002, 12:20 AM   #1
StarVid
Elminster

After all my questioning on the undead hunter, I'm working on planing my next party. I haven't actually played the game and like 6 months or so and I've forgotten most of the plot. Basically, it'll be like I'm playing it for the first time again. I barely remember the names of the NPCs. With that in mind, NO SPOILERS PLEASE. I'm looking for a good overall roleplay experience, as well as being able to handle the combat thrown at me. Here are two ideas I came up with:

Jah (for druid and romance)
Minsc (because I like him)
Undead Hunter
Vic (better than Anomen for me)
Jan->Imoen
assorted people for quests and eventually some spellcaster maybe?

Or:

Jah
Minsc
Human Fighter(7)/Cleric
Nalia
either Yoshi or Jan -> Imoen
assorted people for quests then Keldorn maybe?

I'm dualing at 7 for the fighter because I don't need a whole lot of combat ability, just some extra profs, and I'd rather have a cleric right away than have to wait a few more fighter levels (for more profs or attacks) and then dual.

Also, I'm tossed between weapon profs for the F/C (as in what to put the 3 *'s in). I remember there was a hammer somewhere late in the game (I think it's the Crom Faeyr listed in the manual), but I'm not so sure it's worth focusing on that if it takes so long to find it. I remember that flail that does fire/acid/cold damage early in the game, so I was thinking flails. At level 7 I'll have a total of 6*'s to spend. I was thinking either 3 in a melee weapon, 2 in sword and shield, and 1 in whatever. I'm open to suggestions though.

Also, I'm not totally sure who to settle on for the 6th slot after I do all the quests. I'd take Aerie, but by that time being a multi- her usefulness is going to be greatly diminished. I figure Keldorn is a good idea for the 2nd party, but I'm not sure for the first.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 05-13-2002, 03:22 AM   #2
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hmm well Im guessin that you either have the no break Mod or happy party Mod or your plannin to kill innocents due to Vic in your party... So ill try to give a bit of advice on what IMO is a better party .. accept or reject as you like [img]smile.gif[/img] :

You (Undead Hunter)
Viconia
Edwin
Jan
Minsc
& Cernd over Jah(If you so want a druid... but there is no need IMO)or better off with Valygar or POSSIBLE Mazzy if you like archers [img]smile.gif[/img]

My reasons are that Druids are good... but personally I do think that alot of the other characters are more useful [img]smile.gif[/img] , plus there is no need for the extra Fire-Power of their spells.. Edwin with Robe of Vecna, amulet of Power & Staff of Magi is more Fire Power than Jah would be buffed, fire spells left right and Centre and Tanking...
Valygar would do alot as a Tank... though you dont really need him as you already have 2 tanks & one To-be Tank(Viconia)(Others might disagree but I beleive that 3 is all you need, and you can EASILY survive with only 2 tanks and a crap one till Viconia gets higher levels(and Crom))
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 07:11 AM   #3
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

im sure everyone knows i play the undead kit
and this is how i set up shop

me undead hunter (good alignment)
2nd in command aerie (romance mage/cleric)
minsc
keldorn
anomen
no 6th char no need

me undead hunter (evil alignment)
viconia
edwin
korgan
anomen
no 6th no need
my evil aligned char is harder to kill by far GC has 287 HP EC has 513 HP all without cheats might i add
theifprowess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 07:14 AM   #4
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

and to reply on weapon prof i put into 2 handed sword, and 1weapon and shield, war hammer, and 2 handed style. crom feayr is worth it kills any and all trolls and most golems with one hit.i always give the flail to anomen.
theifprowess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 10:48 AM   #5
Gothmog, Lord of Balrogs
Elminster

i can't imagine that an Undead Hunter, as a paladin, would have any remotely evil person in the party. so viconia is out, at least if you want to respect the game by actually roleplaying.

the second party is good from the Roleplaying Perspective. Remember not to put points is non-crushing weapons before dualing. also, i would take a 6th character anyway. the 6th doesn't really have any effect on level-up time, and gives quite a bit more power. i always either have a 1 person or a 6 person party.

as a side note, try (instead of soloing) doubling. take only your PC and your romance choice, and play through the entire game, only adding a 3rd for specific short quests, like Keldorn and Valygar. not tried it yet, but i'm sure it'll be fun.