Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2002, 03:52 AM   #1
TheThing
Banned User

I was watching "Friends" and here is a scene that inspired me a lot. I just wonder how some of you deal with such situations

Chandler walked in when Russ and Rachel were making out. Chandler was really upset abt something so Russ asked him whats the matter.

Chandler said Jeanise (his girlfriend back then) asked him if she is fat. (you know, this is one of those questions that you have to answer before you think ^&^) Chandler said "so I looked at her and..."

then Russ interrupted him "wow, you LOOKED at her" Rachel said "thats what you did wrong honey"

Russ "yeah, you NEVER look. Am I fat? nooooo. You don't look, just answer"

kinda funny, but it is so true. I remember once being showed a picture, and my friend asked me abt how I think of the picture.

I didn't answer her because she looked *whisper in dreadful silence* a little bit overweighted. ok, she is [b]NOT[/v] fat, but that picture does represent a certain alternated version of reality

she got all upset at me and said "Do you think I am fat? I know I am..." having learnt a lesson from Chandler's demise, I answered on my instinct "nooooooo, you are not."

she said, it is OK, "you can tell me the truth" (what she really meant was if you love me, you'd lie to me ) and of course I wouldn't fall to her "little trick", so I said "no no, you are NOT fat. I cannot lie to you when it is the truth"

she said "awww... you don't have to say that..." I was like "really? okay, you did look a little..." I paused in horror as I sensed the gathering of storms on her face, then I quickly sucked in my breath and swallowed what I wanted to say, instead I said "really really really... mmm, erhm, cute, yeah cute, and sexy. I ... I ... I like it."

^^ not complaining, just thought it really funny. sigh, girl, she does know all the ways to pull your heartstring.

[ 04-29-2002, 03:53 AM: Message edited by: TheThing ]
Old 04-29-2002, 08:05 PM   #2
Charean
Hathor

With any luck, when she gets a little more judgement about men, she will know better than to ask that question. Women can talk about this stuff all day to other women and never take offense...the minute you ask a man, your heart is on your sleeve and you are hoping and praying that no matter WHAT you look like, he will think you are the most attractive woman he has ever seen. Does it make sense? No. Why do women do this? I have no idea. Next time, and there will be one, just tell her that you love her and think she looks wonderful. Dodge, I tell you, DODGE!
Old 04-29-2002, 09:39 PM   #3
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I tell 'em the truth - either they learn to like me and respect me for telling them how I think they look right now, or they stop asking me stupid questions.

The thing is, they already think they do - they wouldn't ask if they didn't. They are just looking for an ego boost.

Hehe, like I've said, it's amazing that I still have female friends...although a good backrub DOES go a long way to make them stop crying....

[img]smile.gif[/img]
BK
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night - Consort to a Queen- Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way - Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons - Heart, Mind, and Soul- Newbie at Heart - ()xxxxxxxxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::::::::>
Old 04-29-2002, 10:11 PM   #4
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Its the female version of the ego boosting question men ask "Was I good in bed?"
Old 04-29-2002, 10:13 PM   #5
Black Knight

True, but if you have to ask....i've always said, if the neighbors can hear here, it was ok...if they can understand what she's saying... [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img]

BK
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night - Consort to a Queen- Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way - Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons - Heart, Mind, and Soul- Newbie at Heart - ()xxxxxxxxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::::::::>
Old 04-29-2002, 10:31 PM   #6
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

Quote:
Its the female version of the ego boosting question men ask "Was I good in bed?"
if you have to ask then chances are you're a dud.i've never had to ask that question myself.
and when a woman tells you to go ahead and tell her the truth it's too late and any answer is going to be the wrong one.
Old 04-29-2002, 11:33 PM   #7
TheThing
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by khazadman:
quote:
if you have to ask then chances are you're a dud.i've never had to ask that question myself.
and when a woman tells you to go ahead and tell her the truth it's too late and any answer is going to be the wrong one.
[/QUOTE]as far as I think, a beautiful lie always serves better than an ugly truth. even though MOST of women (and men) will tell you that they prefer truth than lie.

I dont see any harm in telling your loved ones that they are the most wonder, beautiful, funny and lovely people in the world. chances are, beauty is in the eyes of beholder and they DO become how you treat them to be [img]smile.gif[/img] so there we go
Old 04-30-2002, 02:35 AM   #8
mistral4543

Heh, I know better than to ask my guy friends whether they think I've put on weight - I should know better than them In any case, assuming I did ask and they said no, there would always be a nagging doubt as to whether they were lying to please me.

Sooo... I don't ever ask this pointless question
Old 04-30-2002, 02:47 AM   #9
TheThing
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by mistral4543:
Heh, I know better than to ask my guy friends whether they think I've put on weight - I should know better than them In any case, assuming I did ask and they said no, there would always be a nagging doubt as to whether they were lying to please me.

Sooo... I don't ever ask this pointless question
lol, so cute ^^ I am sure they (or we) will tell you the truth, but you know my definition of truth, so...
Old 04-30-2002, 02:54 AM   #10
mistral4543

Quote:
Originally posted by TheThing:
lol, so cute ^^ I am sure they (or we) will tell you the truth, but you know my definition of truth, so...
Actually, I've been pretty lucky to have guy friends who will shoot me incredulous looks if I even venture to ask such questions as these They're the sort of "are you serious?!", "what's your problem?" kind of looks, if you know what I mean [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

In a way, it's good cos it definitely helps me to preserve some self-confidence [img]tongue.gif[/img]