Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2002, 05:30 AM   #1
Dakkon Darkblade
The Magister

This has probably been posted a bit, but I haven't found any recent ones, and I was curious... anyone have any interesting nostalgia tales to tell from early on in any of the baldur saga? Not even early on even, just stories you'd like to tell about things that happened to you... whether they are funny, or they are meant to invoke awe in a triumph of some sort.

I've got a funny one to start off... I remember back in BG1 (remember, this is the whole Baldur Saga we're doing) when I first left Candlekeep. Anyone who knows me knows I like mages a lot... one of my first games though, I just walk out of Candlekeep after Gorion dies, Imoen at my side I think, and I am greeted by a wolf. The wolf mauls me and I die. *chuckles* It's sort of comical to recall being killed by a Wolf when later on you end up one of the most powerful beings on Faerun... killing demon princes and children of bhaal...

Another thing I remember is that mage that tries to kill you in BG1, in front of the Friendly Arm... he killed me a few times too before I got the hang of it... back then I actually hated Mirror Image because it made a mage hard to hit! *chuckles*
Old 04-27-2002, 07:56 AM   #2
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Oh... I tend to freak out when I see Ogre Mages and Winter Wolves.. nowadays they are nothing but scrap... I loved those days where battles with Hobogoblins are of epic proportions
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2002, 06:15 AM   #3
Kronostia
The Magister

Ah, well what can i say. i am right now playing through BG1. And just for the impossibilty of it i thought about trying a Mage only party. That idea came to a quick death when i ran into a Xzar village and a million of the little fiends came running with their ugly little swords !

You can only carry so many fireballs and so many magic missiles..
So my great party of mages ended their days in a huge mass of fireballs as i had saved 4. I put my mages in a group while i was attacked from every direction and cast those Fireballs that ended the life of 6 children of Bhaal and about 40 of the evil little beasts !
Old 04-28-2002, 06:34 AM   #4
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I'm actually stuck playing BG at the moment (stupid CD5 bug ps: can any1 help me on the CD5 bug?) and I'm probably gonna be amazed at how easy the battles are in BG2 when I come back t it. As for that mage party, I'm amazed you got so far.

When I was playing through BG1 as an evil char, I killed everyone outside the Friendly Arm inn. Flaming Fist Battle mages came, and the battle that followed was long and intense, with many people falling. Good god, THAT IS THE WAY TO PLAY!