Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2001, 09:15 AM   #1
Dresdan
Zhentarim Guard

I've only been on IW for about a week and a half, but have had such a great time here that I felt the need to give thanx to everybody for making me feel so welcome here.
First off thanx to ZIROC for creating this great site. From my short amount of time here I can see all the hard work, thought, and effort that he puts into this site. I for one greatly appreiciate the work you are doing here.(Don't know many cool smiley codes yet but imagine one here.)
Second the Mods, always wise in the ways of the boards. Your helping the new people, such as myself, turned me from a lurker into an active participent. Always contributing and encouraging others to do so also giving one the feeling of belonging. Most importantly, keeping the boards a clean and friendly place.
Finally, and most importantly, the members themselves. All that I have had contact with have not only been patient, but have eagerly tried to help not only me but also each other in anyway they could. For being so warm, accepting, patient, and helpful.

For making me want to be an active part of these boards.
I very sincerly thank you all-
Dresdan

Okay enough mushy stuff. KILL THE EVIL MOD MAGE.(just so nobody thinks I'm a big softy.)
Old 11-28-2001, 11:10 AM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Dear Dresden,

Thank you for that kind post! After some of the occurrences here on IW in the past day or so, I've been feeling pretty low. Messages like yours help remind us that all of us (and especially Ziroc) do the best job we can to make this a good place to visit and interact with each other.

Bless you!

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 11-28-2001, 11:21 AM   #3
Sorcerer Alex

Dresdan, I've shrank your sig pic a little more. This is just about the smallest I can go without it looking silly. Here's what you paste:

Nice of you to make this post by the way. I'm happy to help you (and anyone else) in any way I can [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-28-2001, 11:22 AM   #4
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hi, Dresden. I don't think we have met yet. I have been pretty busy lately. It's good to have you here. You are right. This is a great place. Z is great, the mods are great, the members are great. OK, so I am gushing. I love it here.

Welcome and hope to be seeing you around.
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Old 11-28-2001, 12:06 PM   #5
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

You seem to be a very wise man/woman, Dresdan..
[img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2001, 12:08 PM   #6
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Okay enough mushy stuff. KILL THE EVIL MOD MAGE.(just so nobody thinks I'm a big softy.)

~At the mention of his name...Larry appears...~

"Hi...er..huh? Oh...sorry, thought this was to be a battle. I guess I can also thank you for taking an active participation in our board, especially in the RPG forum. We need more people over there to be enthused to join in and play and have fun. I mean, I am staying on the forum from 9am to 2am (17 hours) every day, almost...I can't get enough of this place!!! Maybe that is why I am called the "Mad Mage..."

Old 11-28-2001, 12:55 PM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

That was a very nice post Dresdan! It's good to hear some positive feedback sometimes! I know that I had the same feelings when I first started posting. Everyone was friendly and helpful and this place was so much warmer than any other I'd found.

I hope you continue to enjoy your time here for many months to come!

[img]graemlins/balloons.gif[/img]

Cloudy
Old 11-28-2001, 01:06 PM   #8
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

quote:
Originally posted by Dresdan:
I've only been on IW for about a week and a half, but have had such a great time here that I felt the need to give thanx to everybody for making me feel so welcome here.
First off thanx to ZIROC for creating this great site. From my short amount of time here I can see all the hard work, thought, and effort that he puts into this site. I for one greatly appreiciate the work you are doing here.(Don't know many cool smiley codes yet but imagine one here.)
Second the Mods, always wise in the ways of the boards. Your helping the new people, such as myself, turned me from a lurker into an active participent. Always contributing and encouraging others to do so also giving one the feeling of belonging. Most importantly, keeping the boards a clean and friendly place.
Finally, and most importantly, the members themselves. All that I have had contact with have not only been patient, but have eagerly tried to help not only me but also each other in anyway they could. For being so warm, accepting, patient, and helpful.

For making me want to be an active part of these boards.
I very sincerly thank you all-
Dresdan

Thanks man! Glad you joined up and are enjoying yourself!!