Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2004, 05:19 PM   #1
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
I want to find out the answers to these questions before I play it. I have the game but I currently can't play it because my PC is crap and the new one hasn't arrived yet.

1) Ewoks. Y'know, the cute cuddly bears with bows and catapults? Yeah. Well, can you be one? I'm guessing not, but ah well - they are so cool! If you can't BE them, can they be in your party? If not, do they actually have ANY role in the game? I will not stand for a Starwars game without Ewoks [img]tongue.gif[/img]

2) How many people can join your party? I THINK I heard my friend say 9 or 10, but that sounds outrageous to me.

3) Is it multiplayer? Or is that only on Jedi Academy?

4) It's supposed to be an RPG. Does that mean it rolls dice for attacks or decides combat using probability? Or can you actually zoom around the place, jumping and swinging the good ol' lightsaber around?

5) Weeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Thanks in advance [img]smile.gif[/img]
Jaradu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 05:36 PM   #2
Link
Jack Burton

1) No Ewoks.
2) There's a total of 9 or 10 joinable NPC's. The party has a max of three persons, though, so you'll have to pick carefully [img]smile.gif[/img]
3) No multiplayer
4) Rolls dice for attacks.
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 05:47 PM   #3
Sythe
Ra

What link said ^^

It is a very good game! Go to the store and buy it NOW......what the hell are you waiting for! Stop reading and get your arse off the chair and go BUY IT [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-23-2004, 06:04 PM   #4
Cienden
Manshoon

Ewoks? You have to be kidding me.

As for the dice, yes, but it's still fun. If you use crazy feats and the Force, it kinda can feel like an action game. Frankl, I prefer the RPG style cuz my aim isn't always too good in regular action games. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyways, yes it is a VERY good game!
Old 05-23-2004, 08:01 PM   #5
the mighty stamar

This game is excellent.

There is a wookie planet but no ewoks. There is a wookie npc.

There are 9 npcs, you can have any 2 in your party with you.

You dont jump.
the mighty stamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 01:49 AM   #6
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

4,000 year ago, Ewoks have not evolved from Teddy Bear to what they are now. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

It is one of the best Star Wars games I have ever played. Do yourself a favor and get it now, then take your time to finish the game enjoying every minute of it and wait for the sequel (next year).
Old 05-25-2004, 11:27 AM   #7
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
Cool, thanks for the answers guys [img]smile.gif[/img]

Slythe: I do have the game [img]tongue.gif[/img] I did state that on the first line [img]smile.gif[/img]

Paladin: Ewoks? Evolution? The whole point of evolution is to adapt to make yourself perfect. Ewoks have already achieved this goal, so they need no more evolution

Oh yeah! I'm gonna make the best Jedi ever! Encouraging justice and glory! Yay! When I complete that.... It's time to go evil
Ooooh yes I can smell it now - the burning flesh as an EEEVVVVIIIIILLLLLLLL Jedi gracefully twirls the spinning rod of destruction +4 (aka Lightsaber)...

Hmmm... I just wish the damn computer would arrive so I can play it

Thanks again, guys!
Jaradu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 01:02 PM   #8
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Here is a tip for you:

Do remember to visit Yavin station one last time before going to the-place-where-you-cannot-come-back. You will know what I am talking about when you have played the game sufficiently.

[edited]
And also several tips (I am feeling generous today [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img] )

- Choose your path early. Dark side and light side each have their own advantages and disadvantages. If you switch, say from light to dark side later, your Jedi will be weaker than "pure" dark side Jedis and vice versa. If you have a change of heart in the middle of the game, I would advise you to either restart your game or fnished the current one as it is and try a different path in the next game.

- One handed or two handed Jedi. Due to the limited skills/feats available, you better consider the advantages/disadvantages early and going along with it.

[ 05-25-2004, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: Paladin2000 ]
Old 05-25-2004, 06:36 PM   #9
Sythe
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaradu:
Cool, thanks for the answers guys [img]smile.gif[/img]

Slythe: I do have the game [img]tongue.gif[/img] I did state that on the first line [img]smile.gif[/img]

Paladin: Ewoks? Evolution? The whole point of evolution is to adapt to make yourself perfect. Ewoks have already achieved this goal, so they need no more evolution

Oh yeah! I'm gonna make the best Jedi ever! Encouraging justice and glory! Yay! When I complete that.... It's time to go evil
Ooooh yes I can smell it now - the burning flesh as an EEEVVVVIIIIILLLLLLLL Jedi gracefully twirls the spinning rod of destruction +4 (aka Lightsaber)...

Hmmm... I just wish the damn computer would arrive so I can play it

Thanks again, guys!
Silly me [img]tongue.gif[/img] I must have been reading to quickily and skipped over the few words.
Old 05-26-2004, 08:00 AM   #10
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
paladin:
- Choose your path early. Dark side and light side each have their own advantages and disadvantages. If you switch, say from light to dark side later, your Jedi will be weaker than "pure" dark side Jedis and vice versa. If you have a change of heart in the middle of the game, I would advise you to either restart your game or fnished the current one as it is and try a different path in the next game.
i doubt that.. i have one dark force mastery that helped me alot millions of times througout the game (the rest is good force). it sure didnt make me weak.

minor spoil:
speed + rage (both force mastery) = killer

hmm... waitaminute: i think i was talking about jedi acadamy 2.. doh!

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote