Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2004, 03:03 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

http://www.gizmodo.com/archives/terr...ive_014859.php

This part of the story JUMPED out at me:

Federal wiretaps for XBox Live? ----->If the proposal the FBI has made to the FCC is approved, Xbox Live, MSN Messenger, and any other online chatting services would be legally required to have built-in back doors<-------- to allow easy access 'wiretapping' of IP communications.

What do YOU think?

Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 03:22 PM   #2
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Some people should be shot in the head with a computer power supply. It's like you're tapping a phone, only you're not.
Old 04-12-2004, 12:47 PM   #3
Sythe
Ra

Oh my god! Xbox Live now! And a possibilty of instant messenging! That sure does suck!
Old 04-12-2004, 07:57 PM   #4
Niadh
Elminster

Next we will be required to have our letters checked for a day before being sent, all emails read and wear microphones all day to record anything we say.

My thoughts? I hate this idea. If it happens, they won't use simple language but distracting talk, like talking about going shopping for a loaf.
A Knight is sworn to darkness. <br />His heart knows only hatred.<br />His sword destroys the helpless,<br />His might imprisons the weak.<br />His wrath upholds the wicked, <br />His word speaks only lies.<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.boomspeed.com/niadh/newiwsig.jpg\" alt=\" - \" />
Niadh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 11:25 AM   #5
General Nosaj
Zhentarim Guard

The world has gone terror mad and all this doesn't help to put people's minds at rest.
Old 04-15-2004, 05:27 AM   #6
vesselle
Hathor

jeebus!

that's it! *throws up her hands in disgust* i'm moving to a remote south pacific island!

the feds have been trying for YEARS to get backdoors into pcs so they can watch everyone. and in our current era of Bush vs The Evil Bad Guys, i'm thinking it might work this time.

V***V