Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2003, 12:33 AM   #1
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Belle began playing Black & White recently, and is experiencing some moderate difficulties. Her creature, a tiger, won't eat and won't move from in front of some rock, despite her putting it on a leash.

In short, has anyone else played this game? If so, then do you have any non-spoilerish hints? She is at the very beginning of the game. Thanks! [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 05:47 AM   #2
WillowIX
Apophis

Well I have played it but that was ages ago. Where is she exactly in the story? Could it be that her animal isn´t hungry? Maybe he has eaten all the villagers and is rather full at the moment. I know I had some trouble with the leash as well. I install it again and see if I can find something, unless anybody else can give you some hints. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2003, 06:41 PM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I have played it for a while long time ago. I don't remember having such problem.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 12:35 AM   #4
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hand the cat the food and then rub it's belly before it can drop it and it should eat.The cat might be too big to slip by yet too small to step over the rock.You can use the hand to break the rock or move it to get by.
A couple of points also.
Sleeping in the pen makes creature grow better then outside.
Hand feeding was about the only non evil way to eat(and then only fish or grain)
being like 40% on fat helps growth.One good trick is to overfeed make it pick a large rock and use the leash to make it walk around for a workout untill very tieed then sleep in pen.
Teaching it to throw stuff will bite you in the butt.It will often end up throwing stuff at buildings or throwing peasants or livestock.
Early on it's helpfull to teach it to harvest trees and grain to the store,so you can do other things.
It's helpfull to get it to be nice to peasants but beware they may turn into breeders and your population can explode.
Make sure to use learning leash for disired effects be they good or bad as you reward or punish so it knows what you want.
Be carfull not to block routes with buildings the cat can't get past.
Try to teach it miricals to inpress peasants to win new areas.Especially rain, then show it to cast on crops and to put out fires.
Trust is indeed a shiny jewel,set in the stone of friendship.And much like any other stone can be use to crush the skulls of those unsuspecting.To clear the path for me to claim my rightful place as master of all I survey.

Play games win prizes completely free. http://teet.net/af/bd395b7216
So far I've won an 8gb ipod nano and an acer inspire netbook
sageridder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 04:50 AM   #5
Alan_Sephiroth

Man, just slap the fat cat to death, thats what I always do!Maybe then he will eat!!
Old 02-28-2003, 07:26 PM   #6
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Alan_Sephiroth:
Man, just slap the fat cat to death, thats what I always do!Maybe then he will eat!!
LOL that's a bit cruel, but it can prove succesful
GokuZool is offline   Reply With Quote