Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2002, 12:41 AM   #1
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I just bought it at my video club's used games section. Is it good?
Old 10-10-2002, 01:09 AM   #2
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

I've never played it but it got great reviews
Old 04-18-2006, 05:05 PM   #3
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Bringing this message back from the past. No one has ever said it was good or not. I just started playing this game although I have had it for several years now from a bargin bin but could never install it on my older machine and is the first time I tried again.

I found it has started off fairly slow but now things are moving along. The little puzzles and mini games are a nice touch and if you can't get past them they give you the option to skip over them. Quite a few small puzzles in this little gem. So far it is not bad and there is quite alot of humor and cut scenes that had me laughing despite them being a bit ridicules. Any game were the currency is a loonie is not bad which is actually a little scary now since the actual loon keeps approaching $1.00 US.

[ 04-18-2006, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:50 AM   #4
Stratos
Vampire

It's a fairly good game, yes, but a bit bizarre. I had some minor problem getting it to start with Win XP, but I believe there's patches for this out there.
Old 05-29-2006, 02:32 PM   #5
pritchke

Finally finished!!! This game was great, and no walk in the park the two final battles were hard and I really liked the last one, kind of a puzzle battle that took me a little while to figure out and there were quite a few challenging puzzles in the game that you had to solve to move on, answers are all in the game just a matter of looking. The game offers something for everyone, but everyone is not going to like it as they may not like the puzzle solving, or the arcade style hive.

One of the sections of the game involved breaking your team members into 3 parties and you had to switch between them to get to the end, all parties doing something to aid another party to get further along in there area. It was unique and I don't think I have seen this before in an RPG.

The best part is if you take Stiletto with you on your first attempt to get to Limbus you get to kill Ewoks, not exactly but her round is a Spoff of Endors forest. Boots you get to kill a shapeshifting Wampa. The game is worth it just to kill Ewoks they arn't called ewoks but we know that is what they are. They use different names but I wonder if the company disappeared due to Lucas getting upset with what really looked like Ewoks and Wampas. Anyway this brings me to another point that there is replay ability because whoever you take as the 3rd member for that party means you get a different round to play. I think you can only choose between Stiletto and Dr. Rho but I am not 100% sure.

Pretty Cool game with good satisfying ending!!!

[ 05-29-2006, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 05-29-2006, 05:31 PM   #6
Stratos
Vampire

I might replay this game sometime. I only got to that comic book villains ship.
Old 05-29-2006, 05:42 PM   #7
pritchke

Quote:
Originally posted by Stratos:
I might replay this game sometime. I only got to that comic book villains ship.
Yah, it just after the comic book villain ship (personally I found this the hardest area in the game) if you took Stiletto on with you you get to kill fuzzy ewoks and the chief which resembles chief chirpa. I might load up that area tonight just to toast some fuzzy cute ewoks. Now if only there was a jar-jar mod!!!

[ 05-29-2006, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]