Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2002, 11:15 AM   #1
uss
20th Level Warrior

i tried doing this quest the evil way.. but i cant seem to hit the demon! every weapon i tried against him(even +4) was "ineffective". is this a bug?
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 11:40 AM   #2
Finn McCool
Dungeon Master

I believe that you need a +5 weapon to hit the demon or you can also use Bolt of Glory (clerical spell). Unfortunately, the only weapon I encountered at that point that was +5 was that Lawful Good sword, which I'm guessing your party can't use.
Finn McCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 11:52 AM   #3
Faceman
Hathor

AFAIK the only +5 weapons you could have at this point of the game (without Watchers Keep)
without cheating are Carsomyr and some Sling from one of the bonus merchants.
Crom Faeyr requires the Frost girdle and the Wave shaft is in the Shuagin city. No other +5 weapons in SoA to my notice (what is the Equalizer? Regardless he can only be completed after the Elder brain)
Old 03-05-2002, 01:08 PM   #4
uss
20th Level Warrior

yes, i don`t have lawful good characters(i don`t like good parties! everything was so good and boring and stupid)
thanks to you both!
ill try with sling of everard from bonus merchants and viconia`s bolt of glory
Old 03-05-2002, 02:17 PM   #5
Nifft the Nimble

I thought the "Evil" way was to give the demon the eggs yourself... you don't have to kill Soulafain to be evil! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, that's probably not helpful. The +5 weapons you could use now are: Sling of Everard, that bonus CD mace +5 vs. Demons, the improved Mace of Disruption +2 (is really +5 to determine what it can hit) and of course my favorite: Melf's Minute Meteors! Slap those gauntlets of dexterity on Edwin and let him go to town!

If that doesn't work, errr.... I had a similar problem killing Anath (the werewolf in the temple ruins north of Umar). It seemed that she was immune to all physical damage. Eventually I managed to Magic Missile her to death, but it was frustrating. If the demon is magic resistant (which I suspect) I guess you'll need to Lower Resistance it a bit first.

Tell us how your battle goes!

-- Nifft
Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 03:42 PM   #6
Wedin

Try some sword of mordikaiden, alsways works
Old 03-05-2002, 04:03 PM   #7
uss
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Nifft the Nimble:
I thought the "Evil" way was to give the demon the eggs yourself... you don't have to kill Soulafain to be evil! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, that's probably not helpful. The +5 weapons you could use now are: Sling of Everard, that bonus CD mace +5 vs. Demons, the improved Mace of Disruption +2 (is really +5 to determine what it can hit) and of course my favorite: Melf's Minute Meteors! Slap those gauntlets of dexterity on Edwin and let him go to town!

If that doesn't work, errr.... I had a similar problem killing Anath (the werewolf in the temple ruins north of Umar). It seemed that she was immune to all physical damage. Eventually I managed to Magic Missile her to death, but it was frustrating. If the demon is magic resistant (which I suspect) I guess you'll need to Lower Resistance it a bit first.

Tell us how your battle goes!

-- Nifft

thanks! actually, i had that problem with my solo damn strong(lvl 28) evil monk. i started a new game. an evil party with 1 extra fighter that i made. i`ll keep that in mind when i meet the lesser demon lord
Old 03-05-2002, 10:28 PM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Wedin:
Try some sword of mordikaiden, alsways works

Mordenkenain's Sword is +4, so it will not work. When I was partying with my Evil Party, Viconia and, Azrael( my Necromancer) Edwin had to do all the dirty work with their Sling of Everand and Melf's Minute Meteors. Azrael meleed later on with the Staff of Magi.

Korgan and William, my Swashbuckler, meanwhile, were 'distracting' the Lesser Demon Lord... ...

[ 03-05-2002: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]

Land of the Psycho-moe
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote