Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2006, 12:25 PM   #1
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

I just can't resist having a little rave about the Dark Brotherhood quests - I thought they were absolutely fantastic! Last warning - this will contain spoilers of the entire guild - as it's full of interesting plot twists, STOP READING NOW if you haven't finished it.

They were the only guild to take me in when I was spurned by the mages guild. I was both homeless and penniless, yet they allowed me the use of their sanctuary. I became close to my brothers and sisters and finally was part of a family again. My efforts in the service of Sithis were well rewarded, with magical equipment and gold - a far cry from the pathetic cantrips taught in the mages guild as payment.

Then how can I forget the greatest gift - my faithful companion Shadowmere. My trusty steed has saved my life on numerous occasions and carried me wherever I asked, no matter how treacherous the route.

When Lucien Lachance accused me of treachery, my world seemed to be on the brink of falling apart - then it was a race against time to uncover the traitor who had made a pawn of me.

Finding Lachance's mutilated and tortured body was indeed distressing - to see the mysterious man who had believed in me and my abilities ripped asunder brought back painful memories of having to kill Vicente, my tutor and the man who gave me the Dark Gift.

Then finally meeting the Night Mother herself and being made Listener - what a fantastic feeling. How poetic too that the Blade of Woe, kept as a memento of that first meeting with Lachance, was bestowed with great power from the Night Mother. Even now when I return to my guild, I am treated with the reverence and awe that my rank and deeds demand.

What an enjoyable rollercoaster of a guild.

[ 04-27-2006, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 12:41 PM   #2
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Indeed, the Dark Brotherhood quests have been the best experience in the game, and I'm head of all the guilds in the game except for two(Fighter's guild and the Blades, if it's even possible). I think they went an extra mile to make the characters of the guild likeable so you regret your actions more [img]tongue.gif[/img] And I like the quests. In Morrowind, you were some kind of divine justice tool with legal writs and stupidities, but this here is murder, plain and simple. I liked the Mansion the best. As for the rewards,I'm level 22 and still wearing the armor given to me by the Brotherhood a long time ago, and the steed, Shadowmere, is one of the two bet horses in the game.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:42 PM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Yep, no room for sissies in the DB.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:56 PM   #4
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

What's the best horse, Bozos?

And, I agree. The DB is the best guild by far. I keep the Traitor's Diary in a Display Case. Man it was a good read! Kinda creepy.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 03:28 AM   #5
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

I could not agree more, I believe that the DB quests were the best part in the game
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 05:55 AM   #6
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

This is slightly worrying me now - I hope the rest of the game isn't an anti-climax!

One random question - the blank hand hood and cloak doesn't have any number under 'health' and doesn't appear to have light armour on its info tab. Am I effectively (for armour purposes) running around naked?
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 06:07 AM   #7
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by shamrock_uk:
This is slightly worrying me now - I hope the rest of the game isn't an anti-climax!

One random question - the blank hand hood and cloak doesn't have any number under 'health' and doesn't appear to have light armour on its info tab. Am I effectively (for armour purposes) running around naked?
I believe so, its just like wearing "normal" cloths that one would *cough*aquire*cough* from people's draws
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 08:26 AM   #8
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

There are to best horses in the game, the Shadowmere and the Unicorn. One is not better than the other, they are different.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:34 AM   #9
Thoran
Galvatron

I've been rather disappointed with the quest fare in the rest of the game... it's more like morrowind was. I almost wish I'd done the DB quest tree last instead of first. On the upside, the DB tree really does equip you nicely for a life of stealth, I've never seriously looked at wearing any other armor (even the dragon armor you get for winning the MQ), it's just not as good.
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 10:04 PM   #10
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Truth be told, I'm level 23, and *still* wearing the Shrowded armour. It's perfect for my thief.

I mean,I still have my *ahem* Rogue's Cowl, but that doesn't count
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote