Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2002, 11:24 PM   #1
ZFR
Legion Symbol

ok, my imoen has intelligence 17 so can have only 14 spells per level... now she has already reached that limit and there are still many speelss i want to memorize... now as afar as i know there are no tomes like in BG1 to raise it pernamently...
i can however raise it with a potion... now my question is... if i raise imoens intellinge with a potion, i can memorize more spells... Now will those spells disappear again after her intelligence drops to 17 again??? Is it a good way.... or are there any other items (belts, gauntlets, rings) which raise inteeligence,,,, thankyou
Old 02-26-2002, 11:54 PM   #2
Malatar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You get to keep the spells. Isn't magic wonderful?
Old 02-27-2002, 05:22 AM   #3
Faceman
Hathor

There's an Ioun stone in ToB which raises Int by 1.
if you drink a potion of Genius or Mind focusing you cannot only keep the spells, but your chance to successfully learn them is also increased.
Old 02-27-2002, 07:40 AM   #4
Barlik Longbeard
Manshoon

Yeah, isnt it stupid how most of the NPCs (like Aerie) havent fully invested in:
  • [1]Their races prime ability (Dexterity for Aerie)
    [2]Their Character Class' most needed ability (Int. and Wis. for Aerie)

Bit stupid if you ask me.
Old 02-27-2002, 07:46 AM   #5
J'aran
Mephistopheles

quote:
Originally posted by Barlik Longbeard:
Yeah, isnt it stupid how most of the NPCs (like Aerie) havent fully invested in:
  • [1]Their races prime ability (Dexterity for Aerie)
    [2]Their Character Class' most needed ability (Int. and Wis. for Aerie)

Bit stupid if you ask me.

That's to keep the NPCs realistic. Not every Cleric has accumulated the wisdom of ages, not every Mage is a genius. Not every Fighter is a walking siege engine with extremely high STR & CON. If you keep in mind that on the 2nd E. AD&D scale of stats, 9 is average, then the stats of most NPCs prime abilities are still above normal average.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 08:33 AM   #6
Demonical Wyvern
Elite Waterdeep Guard

doh i am back to being a noob i havn't played this game in like 2 years and now trying to again. Guess i messed up my thief/illusionist pretty sure i didn't consintrate on intelligence.
Demonical Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 12:27 PM   #7
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by J'aran:

9 is average, then the stats of most NPCs prime abilities are still above normal average.

Anywhere from 9 to 12 is average for humans, demihumans are slightly more varied in base stats, but not by much