Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2002, 02:32 AM   #1
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Some useful non-combat enchantment (IMHO):
<>
<>
1. Speed + Levitation = Fly like a Cliff Racer.

Instruction:

- Find/Loot/Steal/Buy exquisite ring and amulet.

- Obtained two grand soul gem (or Azura's Star) and trap either Golden Saint or Ascended Sleeper into these soul gems.

- Enchant either one (ring or amulet) with "Fortify Speed x pts" (constant effect) and the other one with "Levitation x pts" (constant effect). If your speed rating is still too low, enchant another ring with "Fortify Speed" and wear all three of them to fly faster.

Note: Levitation will also increases the speed you "fly" underwater.
<>
<>
<>
2. Ring/Amulet of Opening = Who needs a lockpick when you have a master key?

Instruction:

- Buy any Open Lock spell.

- Enchant exquisite Ring/Amulet with Open Lock of 100 pts with the appropriate soul gem, either on touch or target effect. For example, "Open Lock 100 pts on Touch". Alternately, you might want to have the remote control effect; for example, "Open Lock 100 pts on Targer in 50 feet". With this enchantment, you could open lock as far as 50 feet away!

Note: This spell does not disarm traps. Looks like you will still need to carry probes around.
<>
<>
<>
3. Garment of Regeration = Almost god

Instruction:

- Find/Loot/Steal/Buy exquisite pants, shirt/skirt, robe and belt.

- Obtained grand soul gems (or Azura's Star) and trap either Golden Saint or Ascended Sleeper into these soul gems.

- Buy any Restore Health spell. This is one of the easiest spell to obtain.

- Enchant all the above clothings with "Restore health x pts" (constant effect).

Note: Each garment would probably hold about 1 or 2 pts of enchantment only but once you put all of them on, you will get a cumulative constant effect of restore health 4-5 pts constantly.
<>
<>
<>
4. Boot of Stamina = The best cross country boot ever!

Instruction:

- Find/Loot/Steal/Buy any Ebony or Deadric boot

- Obtained grand soul gems (or Azura's Star) and trap either Golden Saint or Ascended Sleeper into these soul gems.

- Buy any Restore fatigue spell. Mind you that this spell may not be easy to find.

- Enchant the boot with "Restore Fatigue x pts" (constant effect). 3-4 pts is enough for you to run as far as you want.
<>
<>
<>
5. Helm of Infravision = Night hunter's best friend

Instruction:

- Find/Loot/Steal/Buy any Ebony or Deadric helm

- Buy any "Night Eye" spell. This spell should be quite easy to get.

- Enchant the helm with "Night Eye x pts" (constant effect). To have the ideal effect, the enchantment should not be less than 50 pts.

- Alternatively, you might want to enchant the helm with "light 50 pts" constant effect but I find that light seems to attract monsters at night (bug lamp?) and you can't really see very far unless you increase the light radius which is really a waste of enchantment capacity.
<>
<>
<>
6. Shield of Giant = Extra loot capacity

- Find/Loot/Steal/Buy any Ebony or Deadric tower shield

- Buy any "Fortify Strength" spell.

- Enchant the tower shield with "Forty Strenth x pts" (constant effect).

- Alternatively you might want to enchant with "feather x pts" instead but I find the extra strength bonus really handy in combat.
<>
<>
<>
<>
For DIY enchanters:

I highly recommend the "enchant_success.esp" plug-in. Note that this plug-in does not increase your enchant skill but merely increases your chance of success.

[ 06-17-2002, 02:40 AM: Message edited by: Paladin2000 ]
Old 06-17-2002, 05:51 AM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

that's basically what I do, except that I don't do fortify attribute enchantment for fear of getting that fortify attribute bug.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 09:15 AM   #3
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

A couple of q?

Where can I get the enchant_success.esp plug-in ?

Where do you get all those Greater Soul Gems / Azura Stars (yep *SPOILER REQUEST*)

[edited]Yeah really beginning to sound like a newbie now but: Whot fortify attribute bug ?

[ 06-17-2002, 09:19 AM: Message edited by: Warhammer ]
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 02:23 PM   #4
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

The enchant success plug-in can be downloaded from here
http://www.illuminatingdarkness.com/...antSuccess.esp

Azura's quest: (I took this from another site)

First, tread all the way to Azura's Shrine, far east of Molag Mar on the eastern coastline Next, do her quest. Go all the way north to Dagon Fel (take a boat from Khuul). Swim quite a distance northwest onto one of the larger islands. You should see a Golden Saint and other enemies. Kill them, but don't enter the house. Return to Azura's Shrine for the Azura's Star. The Azura's Star is basically a reusable soul gem. It's an essential item when enchanting constant effects onto items.

Hmm... I am not aware of any fortify attribute bug. All my attributes returned to normal after I have removed the appropriate items. However, I found out that the Necromancer Amulet does damage my Intelligence once I remove it but recovering from that was quite an easy task.

[ 06-17-2002, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: Paladin2000 ]
Old 06-18-2002, 05:32 AM   #5
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

Thanx a bunch Paladin2000.

The plugin will be usefull, even with 100 intelligence and 70 in Enchant I have a lot of trouble making constant effects.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 04:12 PM   #6
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

i didnt quite do it that way but i did take advantage of the fortify abilities.
an equisite ammy and ring (both enchant value of 120) can hold a constant effect attribute up to 24. for me i did all i did both with strength(48) stregth is now at 148 and i can hold 690 pounds. also makes the whach in my skullcrusher do more.or if you wanna be real cheap right before you gain a lvl have 2rings and 1 ammy with all endurance. get an extra 72 on your endurance and then sleep when you lvl up. you gain more life that way. your amount of life leveling up is dependant on your endurance so......

and one more thing to add. got good deadric helm enchanted with 5point constant levitate spell.
theifprowess is offline   Reply With Quote