Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2002, 03:55 PM   #1
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

Greetings kiddies. I finally have this game out on the XboX. Slackerboy I can finally join you in this forum - been a while since I've had anything of worth to contribute to IW so look out I'm back baby!

First impressions? Deep game, spent a lot of walking around and getting my english behind handed to me on a plate multiple times per day. For an assassin one would think I would be rather better equipped to face the demonic hordes of rats and other squirmy rodents. Progress thus far:

Day 1 - Run around Seyda Neen. Talk to a small guy who was whining about something or other. Get annoyed at him, try to kill him, get ass handed back to self, reload. Decide discretion might be better part of valour initially at least. Pretend to be nice to said individual. Try to steal something from Excise office, get caught repeatedly. Get annoyed at officer, try to kill him, get ass handed back to self, reload.

Day 2 - Decide to be nice again. Walk around Seyda Neen running errands and looking for a corpse. Run out of fatigue a lot. Rest repeatedly. Jump. Run around some more. Fail to find corpse, observe unfortunate individual falling out of sky screaming to die at my feet (!?), get tired again. Rest some more. Try not to kill anyone. Decide that I need the prowess of a marathon runner to get anywhere. Yearn for hot relaxing footbath with essential oils.

Day 3 - Better progress. Hobbled, jumped, skipped and danced my way like a big fairy woodelf to Balmora where things appear to have picked up a bit. Decide to whore myself out as a thief, mage, fighter, blade AND Imperial wotsit even though I am laughable at best at any of these skills. Dance and jump around a bit more. Go in search of mushrooms for a mage with way too much fur for my liking. Decide that since my long trek from Baldur's Gate I have many new trades to master and that I won't be terrorizing ANYTHING for a long, long time. Resign self to slow / steady progress. Damn, my feet ache, anybody got a pumice scrub? Surprised I haven't worn holes in them with all the bouncing around.
Old 06-14-2002, 04:18 PM   #2
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

Dude someone else finds all the runnin annoying as well-and yes its ok saying oh get this scroll of blah dee blah but u cant get them in balmora.i dont understand how the stealth masters of death and intrigue can be killed so quickly compared to a knight(im having a sort of crossover life style my law obiding knight and the assassasin)
.and he can also run for miles in full armor, but he cant leap from roof to roof effortlessly [img]smile.gif[/img] .J:J

[img]graemlins/knight.gif[/img]
FelixJaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 07:52 PM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Jumping from places to another places is much faster than running around in this game.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 03:36 AM   #4
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

get your acrobat up high enough and you can jump from canton to canton in vivec. and exploring is what the game is all about. you might come across a cave or ruin that just might have an item that will make your assasin that much better.
theifprowess is offline   Reply With Quote