Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2002, 06:14 PM   #1
hitherebobby
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I heard early and often about Celestial Fury, and I have lots of proficiencies stacked on Katanas in anticipation of this bad-boy. I've come out of the underdark area and wonder when I'll get that Fury.

Unfortunately I saw someone mention where Celestial Fury is located. They said "SPOILER" so it's my fault I saw it. My question is, would any normal role-playing of BGII have led me to this weapon? Or is it just in a place where I may never have found or been led to?
hitherebobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 06:28 PM   #2
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by hitherebobby:
I heard early and often about Celestial Fury, and I have lots of proficiencies stacked on Katanas in anticipation of this bad-boy. I've come out of the underdark area and wonder when I'll get that Fury.

Unfortunately I saw someone mention where Celestial Fury is located. They said "SPOILER" so it's my fault I saw it. My question is, would any normal role-playing of BGII have led me to this weapon? Or is it just in a place where I may never have found or been led to?

it was originally part of a quest that was never finished due to time constraints (empty potion bottles are part of it). It also involved the twisted rune, and the slaver quests, IIRC
Old 02-19-2002, 07:20 PM   #3
PeeWee
Manshoon

If you have a saved game saving Hendak at the Copper Coronet, I believe he does say that the last of the slavers is in the Temple district...I can be mistaken but I remember him saying something about a tougher group somewhere.

Yes as far as your roleplaying goes. It's really a matter of your own preferances. I prefer to check out every building when I'm not bored and loot from areas I'm safe in. I try not to open up chests in the Temples in case it will get back to me later on...I'm thinking there is a switch that lets the knights know I've been bad in their sanctuary. Roleplay.

The CF is in a building that isn't part of a one time deal so I do think that exploring would have led you there. Exploring doesn't always happen at the beginning. Some decide to go linear with the story and level that way to hit the side quests later on and to find out what is where. I too ran into a spoiler about the location of the katana and decided a few days afterwards to try for it. I found it to be a decent fight and not much was spoiled. Didn't know who was there or what needed to be done. Just hope ya didn't read a walk thru since those are worse. And don't feel like ya cheating yourself out of roleplaying if someone mentions the whereabouts of a great weapon.

Consider it the drunken guy next to you at the bar telling you about what he heard. I consider this to be the same as paying for rumors. If some npc told me there's a +6 sword somewhere, ya be damned right that I'ma look for it where he told me to.

Anyways, g'luck on it. you will be more than happy and suprised.
Old 02-19-2002, 07:50 PM   #4
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

IIRC something I read (Baldurdash fixes possibly) indicated that this quest was actually something to do with Nalia. If someone can confirm the following then cool

Nalia's father's funeral takes place, she then discovers that he had some dealings with the slave lords, which leads you to the guarded compound. Interestingly one of the dudes you kill there has a note telling you the location of the twisted run hideout (and a handy rogue stone).

Note entirely sure what was incomplete about it though.
antonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 04:16 PM   #5
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

And....just to dangle another carrot out there for ya....I picked up two katana's from a BGII-related site that I feel are MUCH better than Celestial Fury (IMO).

It doesn't involve any role-playing, though. I just used CLUAConsole to add these items to my inventory.

If you're interested, you can either Reply here or in a PM message and I will tell you where I got them.
Old 02-20-2002, 04:21 PM   #6
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

Go on, then. I'm considering replaced CF with something else in my current game anyway. Let me see what you've got.
Old 02-20-2002, 04:31 PM   #7
ULockit I Stealit
The Magister

I second the motion for the information!!!

I am using CF for my Bounty Hunter, and is pretty cool, but the more Katana's the better.

Hit us with the info Antonius!

Thanks,
Old 02-20-2002, 11:31 PM   #8
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Fire Katana of Prometheus

This powerful katana, when duel wielded with it's brother katana, it can be very dangerous to an enemy. They both do considerable damage and were made by the gods themselves, Poseidon and Prometheus.

STATISTICS:

Damage: 1D10+4, +10 Fire Damage
Damage type: Slashing
THACO Bonus: +4
Weight: 6
Speed Factor: 2
Proficiency Type: Katana
Type: 1-handed
Requires: 6 Strength
Special: 10% Fire Resistance While Equipped
1/2 Attack Per Round Bonus While Equipped
Not Usable By:
Druid
Cleric
Mage

Poseidon's Ice Katana

This powerful katana, when duel wielded with it's brother katana, it can be very dangerous to an enemy. They both do considerable damage and were made by the gods themselves, Poseidon and Prometheus.

STATISTICS:

Damage: 1D10+4, +10 Cold Damage
Damage type: Slashing
THACO Bonus: +4
Weight: 6
Speed Factor: 2
Proficiency Type: Katana
Type: 1-handed
Requires: 6 Strength
Special: 10% Cold Resistance While Equipped
1/2 Attack Per Round Bonus While Equipped
Not Usable By:
Druid
Cleric
Mage

These items - along with SEVERAL others - were found at Arundors' Abode. Unfortunately, my link isn't working, so apparantly his page has been moved.

You will need to download the Infinity Engine software (which can also be found at Arundors' Abode) in order to insert these items into your BGII items folder (otherwise, the game will NOT recognize nor allow the items). After that, you can use CLUAConsole to add them to your character.
Old 02-21-2002, 05:47 AM   #9
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

Interesting, but I think I'll pass this time.

My own idea was to create an assassin's Katana - +3 (so no more powerful than CF), but with special abilities more suited for the character - I was thinking, possibly dispel magic (as in Carsomyr or Staff of the MAgi), which would be good for solo play, but may be a bit unbalancing with a party (note that at +3 it wouldn't be good enough to affect a demi-lich)

Any other thoughts?