Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-06-2001, 07:49 AM   #1
Lord Denark
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi, sorry to bother you all, but I was wondering if i could get some advice from any of you gurus out there. I am currently a level 13 mage/cleric and the rest of my party is:
Minsc - level 17
Jaheria - high level 13
Mazzy - level 18
Imoen - level 15 and
Jan - level 14
I have just defeated the dragon that is holding the Cup of Life thingy that i need to put on the alter in the elven city, to call upon the god. I have a feeling that this will lead into a key component of the story and maybe the end of the game. I don't want a spoiler, I am just wondering if you think i am ready to continue. I don't have any trouble handling any of the golems ive encountered so far. A little bit of trouble where you fight 7 or so Rakasha (or whatever they are called), but i survived without losing characters. Should go and do some more battles to raise my EXP (i think ive done most of the quests available) or should i go on? Sorry to be so naggy...
Old 11-06-2001, 08:18 AM   #2
Ugaya
Manshoon

My recommendation: Go on. Your party is well-balanced and (I assume) your characters near the XPcap anyway.
Old 11-06-2001, 08:25 AM   #3
Lord Denark
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks. I wasn't sure about the EXP cap. I have ToB installed so does that change it at all? If so, do you know what the cap is?
Old 11-06-2001, 08:44 AM   #4
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

If you have any more quests to do, like killing Fierkraag, do 'em. XP cap for TOB is 8,000,000; SoA 2,950,000. Incidentally export your protagonist NOW so you won't take a hickey in the succeeding game, and you can start him/her in a multiplayer game which is just too cool.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 11-06-2001, 08:55 AM   #5
Lord Denark
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sorry I'm not quite sure I understand something. Why am I exporting my char NOW?
Old 11-06-2001, 07:59 PM   #6
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Your suspicions are right - you are near the end of the game.
I'd finish up any quests in SoA that you've left undone. Also before you do the final battle take along with your party any stuff (weapons especially) as once you finish SoA you'll start ToB and there's no way to retrieve any stuff you might have stashed once that happens.
See? No spoilers!
Old 11-07-2001, 06:22 AM   #7
Lord Denark
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the help guys. I just challenged the Dragons that where impossible earlier, no problems! They much easier to deals with!
Old 11-07-2001, 06:35 AM   #8
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Yo Lord Denark: I can't tell you without a spoiler, but IMHO exporting your character this late in the game preserves it from any "ahem" damage it might sustain later. Then, start a multiplayer game from day one. Import your "saved" (exported) character and anyone else you want to. (Regret not having been a paladin, to use Carsomyer? Do it now!) Then, you have the ultimate NPC. A 14th Level fighter, a 17th level mage, whatever, to help your fledgling protagonist along. AND, if you've installed TOB, your mage (assuming you have one) can soon cast those way-cool 9th level spells. Shadraxx the lich, lookout.Anyway, just for your consideration
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 11-08-2001, 07:00 AM   #9
Lord Denark
Elite Waterdeep Guard

well, i just finished the game, i can still go back to my savegame though to export my character...thanks for the help!