Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2002, 08:41 PM   #1
skier9205
Manshoon

Minor Spoilers
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Should I take Lavok with me after I almost kill him? How does he come with me, as a party member, just as a thing I can control, or does he control himself? Thanks.
skier9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 08:44 PM   #2
Sparhawk
Quintesson

I hate to spoil U....but U cannot use Lavok in Ur party.....he dies when leaving the sphere and leaves U some goodies...and some exp.

Spawkie
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 08:53 PM   #3
skier9205
Manshoon

I know I can't keep him forever (Can you imagine walking around tell people: "Meet Lavok, he's my 14-century old friend whose been travelling throughout the planes for the last millennia."?) I meant should I take him while in the sphere. Thanks. [img]smile.gif[/img]
skier9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 11:07 PM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

SPOILER:

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Leave Lavok where he is until you've finished all the things to do in the sphere (i.e., dropping the demon heart in the engine room). Don't worry, even though he's gasping out his last, it's one of those Shakespearean deaths that takes forever...he'll wait! After you finish the demon heart, return to Lavok. He'll ask for you to take him outside the sphere so he can die under the skies of the Prime Material. (He becomes an item in your inventory, LOL!) When you get outside, he makes one last Shakespearean soliloquy, and expires. If you're a mage, you get the Planar Sphere as a stronghold, and if you're anything else (or already have a stronghold) you get mondo XP. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cheers,

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 01:10 AM   #5
fable
Quintesson

Sazerac, not meaning to contradict you, but I've had the old geezer (as if I should talk) die on me twice while I was out gathering demon hearts, resting, and dealing with the interesting people down in the engine areas of the Sphere. I found that a good healing spell will keep him alive and breathing long enough to finish repairs.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 09:28 AM   #6
Barlik Longbeard
Manshoon

If you bring Lavok with you you can get his stuff and get extra xp! But he cant join your party. I think that you get more if.... ah whats his name.... he is an NPC related to him.....uhhhh....VALYGAR!
Thats his name. If he is with you I think that you get more xp.