Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2002, 10:12 AM   #1
The Elven Archer LEGOLAS
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am a Kensai at the moment and i wonna dualclass at lv.13, but if i do the naliaquest(de'arnise hold) then I will get the castle but do I get then also the PLANERSPHERE??????
Come on guys, I need help to go=>
Old 01-22-2002, 10:20 AM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Normally, you only are supposed to get ONE stronghold (although there have been posts where people have supposedly gotten two for dual class characters - I can't tell you wether that was an exploited game bug or a hack). With dual class characters, I believe you can get which ever stronghold you prefer, if you want the planarsphere just reject the options for Nalia's keep.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 10:32 AM   #3
F. Gottwald
Manshoon

if you kill torgal without talking to nalia afterwards, then get the other stronghold, then speak to nalia you will have 2 strongholds.

afaik the de´arnise hold is the only stronghold that allows you to do that, but yes, you can have both the castle and the planar sphere.
Old 01-22-2002, 11:23 AM   #4
Sir Exxon
Zartan

You can only get one stronghold, the main classes, which would be your kensai.
Dont think what you said works, Gottwald, cause Nalia Starts to talk with once you set your feet out of the castle. And if you kick her out, she will either start the dialogue right where you are, or it just says that you cant kick her out before the quest is done. Or something like that.

see ya!
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 11:50 AM   #5
fable
Quintesson

There was a bug in the initial release of SoA that allowed you to overlap the quests of Nalia's stronghold and the planar sphere: beginning the former, leaving, doing the entirety of the latter, then returning to finish the former. This gave you both strongholds, if you started Nalia's as a fighter kit and began the planar sphere after dual-classing to a mage. I had that on my first run-through, and without even trying. Pure luck.

However, the bug was fixed in some later patch, and the patch will also be installed automatically when you add on ToB. There's one way to get around it: simply install SoA and avoid both ToB and the patches. Of course, that means sacrificing a lot of tweaks and later bugfixes, not to mention a very good add-on. It's up to you.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 12:43 PM   #6
F. Gottwald
Manshoon

well, it worked for my last game although there might be a more recent patch available... however, i don´t know if that works if you have nalia in your party.
if you don´t, just don´t go to the palisade before you have your other stronghold.
Old 01-22-2002, 03:06 PM   #7
The Elven Archer LEGOLAS
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank you guys! Thx to you I know what I have to do. This will help me =>