Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2001, 08:21 PM   #1
Lothar

Im telling you. Vampires are toast when you play this class. I watched my Undead hunter take out 10 vampires by himself. Plus add Anomen with that necklace of power thing. We just walked into Bodhi's lair and had a picnic. Definately worth checking out.
Old 12-13-2001, 10:00 PM   #2
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

when i play a paladin (which is alot) the only kind i play is the undead hunter. cavaliers are cool, but ill just stick to my undead hunter. there are lodes more undead than dragons anyway, so they work better, in my opinion of course.
[img]graemlins/ninja.gif[/img]
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 11:36 PM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I have to agree, just looking at the stats. The Cavalier makes a great Tank, of course, but useless for anything else except a backup Cleric, which the Undead Hunter and straight Paladin are anyway. Besides, the Undead Hunter's immunities (Energy Drain, Hold) don't overlap with those provided by the Ring of Gaxx (Poison, Disease), while the Cavalier's DO overlap. And such a HUGE disadvantage for being an Undead Hunter--no Lay On Hands. Oh, boo hoo. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Inquisitor is all right--if you don't mind losing all your spells.
Old 12-14-2001, 01:41 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Cavaliers are not just for Dragon-hunting. Remember that they also excel at killing Demons( which are also abundant in the game). Wearing the Amulet of Power also grants the Cavalier with permanent Negative Plane Protection. The Cavalier also has by default, 20% resistance to Fire and Acid, and is immuned to Fear/Charm/Poison.

Regarding Vampires, the Cavalier always has the option to Turn Undead, or just whack them up anyway, since he/she will also be immuned to the effects of the level drain( thanks to the Amulet of Power).

Cavaliers are not back-up Clerics, they are butt-kickers. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Land of the Psycho-moe
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 02:03 AM   #5
Kingenigma
The Magister

quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Cavaliers are not just for Dragon-hunting. Remember that they also excel at killing Demons( which are also abundant in the game). Wearing the Amulet of Power also grants the Cavalier with permanent Negative Plane Protection. The Cavalier also has by default, 20% resistance to Fire and Acid, and is immuned to Fear/Charm/Poison.

Regarding Vampires, the Cavalier always has the option to Turn Undead, or just whack them up anyway, since he/she will also be immuned to the effects of the level drain( thanks to the Amulet of Power).

Cavaliers are not back-up Clerics, they are butt-kickers. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Yeah, but i didn't think they could wear the necklace of power due to their warrior class.
Old 12-14-2001, 02:22 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Kingenigma:
Yeah, but i didn't think they could wear the necklace of power due to their warrior class.

Fighters actually, to be more specific. That is what the Amulet of Power is restricted to.

Bards, Mages, Clerics, Rangers and Paladins can all wear the Amulet of Power as they are all spellcasters. If your Paladin cannot wear the Amulet of Power, then you got a bug in your game. Go to Balderdash for a fix for this bug.

PS: The fix also fixes the bug that allows Monks to wear the Amulet of Power. They are not suppose to.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 03:10 AM   #7
Whailor

Eenie-weenie spoilers maybe too

Basically all "spellcasters" should be able to wear the Amulet of Power, including the paladins, as they do have spells. Very general description though yes..

As for undead, then Turn Undead I have now with my cavalier (char is lvl 16, TU is lvl 14) I blow many undeads to bits already, not to mention I can beat them up without TU as well. I chose the cavalier specifically for the bonuses against demons and dragons - I don't run into them at every turn indeed, true, but when you DO run into them, you sure will need and love the every extra punch you have against them. I would have LOVED the cavalier kit in BG1: TotSC, where I was fighting the cult in Ulgoth's Beard - I did it the hard way and fought EVERY demon which spawned from the cult members, and didn't kill the cult members while fighting the demon - that would have been easier, but where's the fun in that? And cavalier bonuses sure would have been handy there heh..