Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2003, 04:38 AM   #1
Kailin
Welcomed New User

I´ve completed this game 3 times, each time with different characters, skills and in totally different time(I mean game time).I´ve come to some conclusions:
You have not to raise the skills of yor characters up to heaven, nor do you have to be best-equipped.Common sense and using some tactics posted above is enough.Now I´m trying to complete the game as fast as possible, making it You-have-one-week-to-dispose-of-the-Dark-Savant-or-all-is-lost.I think it´s funny to have all my characters above 10th lvl on day 5. It seems to me that you can become gods in less-than-two-weeks. Have anyone ever tried this? If so, with what results?
Kailin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 06:46 AM   #2
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

I dodn't try to play fast, but i rarely rest for stores to restock. My usual time is 21 to 27 days needed. So i doesn't sound difficult to make it in 14 days.

I think you need a bard, to speed up early resting. Usually 5 days or more are gone when i reach Arnika. That can probably nearly cut in half with a bard. Next, you need a few characters (at least 3) with the portal spell.

And last, don't play expert ironman, since you have to play quite careful this way. I want to be level 2 before fighting the noxious slimes or the king crab in e/i, and level 4 before fighting gregor, so i usually have to rest to let the monsters respawn.
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 07:51 AM   #3
Kailin
Welcomed New User

You´re right, I chose the bard, too... The faerie´s fast mana recovery also helps, when you don´t wanna sleep. I think saving and reloading at shops is also helpful, ´cause there are so few mana potions or stones on the way...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 7, already acquired Astral Dominae, Chaos Moliri [img]smile.gif[/img]
on the way to Bayjin......
Old 07-14-2003, 08:52 AM   #4
gator
Dungeon Master

Over at the VN Boards, a race competition was held a few months ago. Here are the relevant threads:

http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?...94&replies=164

http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?...446&replies=16

I believe the winner completed the game in less than 6 days.
gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 09:44 AM   #5
Kailin
Welcomed New User

You´re right, I chose the bard, too... The faerie´s fast mana recovery also helps, when you don´t wanna sleep. I think saving and reloading at shops is also helpful, ´cause there are so few mana potions or stones on the way...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 7, already acquired Astral Dominae, Chaos Moliri [img]smile.gif[/img]
on the way to Bayjin......