Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2002, 02:44 PM   #1
Phoonzang
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It was the hogar outside trynton, 7 juggernauts and 5 seekers. All of my team were below 10. I started with hogar, for obvious reasons. Used bards insane instrument, and then paralyzed him. Insaned the nauts, and let them kill off the seekers. I was surprised at how well I did. All of my team was about 90% except my 2 bishops they just had low mana. Anyway, just thought I'd share my experience [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Phoonzang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 05:51 PM   #2
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

The biggest/longest fight I've seen was in expert mode, fairly early on in the game, when I had made it to the Umpani camp for the first time. I spent alot of time in there at first and rested alot which is what I think made so many creatures spawn. But when I went to leave the base, the surrounding area was just crawling with monsters. Juggers, piercers, acid vines, crimson poppies, higardi brigands, cultists, you name it, there had to be over 50+ creatures waiting outside. I just stood in the doorway to not get surrounded and fought them from there (with the help of all the umpani soldiers as well). And it went pretty slowly because you wait for so many things to decide what they want to do. Took a long time and when it was done I remember following around hurt and poisoned umpani marching around waiting for them to drop dead from the poison so I could loot whatever they dropped
Old 09-10-2002, 10:11 PM   #3
otter
Elminster

yah, i had one of those Giga exits myself, took a lunch break on auto-combat; Many umpani to help, but looooong rounds.
Worse than that for me was camping after killing the Breeders--and after levelling up! (2nd time through, i got there younger, so they were not the easy i had remembered them as in my 1st game) IIRC, 3 swarms of Blinding Wasps, 3 groups of Ratt archers (or whatever they're called) and 5 or 6 groups of Goons, and one of those cute little Vile Spiders. Busy party--the worse thing about it was i couldn't put it on auto because my party was magic-heavy...i read half a mystery between turns. It helped a lot that the field was narrowed by being on bridges, but the slope allowed the archers to shoot and the other stuff kept moving around in the back, taking up SO much time going nowhere...

[ 09-10-2002, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: otter ]
otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 11:28 PM   #4
Phoonzang
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Lol Otter, something similar happened to me after I killed the breeders. I camped after they died (easy fight). I think there were 23 total wasps, not as many as yours but the fight lasted about 25 rounds b/c I could only kill one at a time. If I recall correctly I got about 35,000 exp off that one fight, it was nuts.
Phoonzang is offline   Reply With Quote