Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2002, 02:34 AM   #1
pzzz
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum, been visiting this site very often now and found it to be a great site! Anyway, I've got a question and I hope one of you guys can help [img]smile.gif[/img]

I've killed Don and now have hostile relations with the Rapax. When I returned to Arnika, I thot I could get Antone to make some weapons & armour but ended up having to battle him and killed him as well.

Anyone know how I can change this (other than reloading and not kill Don) ?
pzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 02:44 AM   #2
Bomb
Dungeon Master

Can't offer any ways to improve faction with Antone, but I can tell that killing Don didn't (at least in my game) change his behavior in any way. And I've killed a ton of Rapax samurais, patrols and archers and can still do business with Antone (at least I could the last time I checked).
Bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 02:48 AM   #3
pzzz
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks. Actually it was quite a mystery as it wasn't just Antone that got hostile. Everyone at Arnika got hostile with me when I returned except for Lord Braffit. Could it be cos I looted their vaults ?
pzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 03:16 AM   #4
Bomb
Dungeon Master

Nope, not that either. Looted the vaults and had no problems. I think you can even kill the banker and the bank guard without getting the rest in Arnika hostile.
Bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 06:51 AM   #5
Oruboris

Yeah, very odd: Antone and Ferro remain, if not friendly, at least willing to trade no matter what happens to your Rapax rating.

Did you rob the bank as Ratus asked? thats one way to make enemies, though I don't think it effects Antone and Ferro.

Hope you have a savegame from before this occured.

Oru
Oruboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 06:31 PM   #6
Rhea
Drow Warrior

Another way to get everyone terminally pissed off at you is to go into the bank vault through the jail and then pick the lock and walk out instead of using the handy dandy teleporter provided. That'll get you in deep trouble with everyone in Arnika.

Another thing that's rarely mentioned is that you have to be careful when you're in combat and there are NPCs involved. You *can* accidentally hit or kill one of the friendlies once too often and that will really make them mad. I've had it happen a couple of times - in Trynton once and also with the T'Rang once when I was only trying to kill some pesky millipedes.

Once I figured out that I could accidentally kill an NPC, I was a *lot* more careful in battles that involve them - I tend to use spells and melee weapons and avoid ranged weapons, since it usually seems to be the cause of the uh...friendly fire problem. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

You'd think they'd have sense enough to get out of the way when all I'm trying to do is mutilate those nasty wasps for them.
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 01:23 AM   #7
otter
Elminster

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rhea:
[QB]Another way to get everyone terminally pissed off at you is to go into the bank vault through the jail and then pick the lock and walk out instead of using the handy dandy teleporter provided. That'll get you in deep trouble with everyone in Arnika.

NOT TRUE. The Higardi Patrols even helped me against Lorrac and the bank guard one of the two times i did that.
otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 07:22 AM   #8
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

Another way to piss off some allies:
If you hit them accidently, and they are not killed by enemies, the kill is counted for you.

Happened to my onec on my try to run a solo ninja:
Must have hit an umpani by chance (don't recall, but might have been). Another umpani shot - hits umpani instead - *instant kill* - and suddenly i was attacked by all of them.
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 07:44 AM   #9
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

emm...if you hit your allies but didn't kill them. they won't go mad at you. so use this cheap strategy, hit your allies until their hp is near zero, then wait for the enemy to kill them. thus you can get their stuff. I did this always.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 04:37 PM   #10
Rhea
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
emm...if you hit your allies but didn't kill them. they won't go mad at you. so use this cheap strategy, hit your allies until their hp is near zero, then wait for the enemy to kill them. thus you can get their stuff. I did this always.
Clever - wicked but clever.
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote