Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2002, 10:07 PM   #1
fung
Dungeon Master

1) For example, the dual weapon skill cancels out all dual weapon penalties at 100. However, for he lord +25%, level up points, and lotsa pactice. It is possible for the dual weapon skill to get over 100 (my assumpton), hence is anything over 100% wasted. Does this apply to other skills i.e. close combat, sword etc.

2) Another question, is it true that the 5 min shield spells, i.e. missle shiled, enchated blade, armourplate etc. do not improve with powerlevel, the only thing that increase is the duration. Coz right now I'm finding it a waste of mana to cast it at higher levels.

3) Dies any1 know the benefits of the spell Bless? I know it increases your attack rating etc. But what is the magnitude of benefit, is it worth casting in the late game.
fung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 12:05 AM   #2
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

1) For example, the dual weapon skill cancels out all dual weapon penalties at 100. However, for he lord +25%, level up points, and lotsa pactice. It is possible for the dual weapon skill to get over 100 (my assumpton), hence is anything over 100% wasted. Does this apply to other skills i.e. close combat, sword etc.

No, it dual cancels them out for the primary weapon completely at 100; it would have to be (theoretically) 150 to cancel them out 100% for the secondary weapon from the formula I remember seeing. So far as I know points above 100 aren't wasted up until 125 which is the absolute maximum skills can go - so say for example you had samurai with 100 sword, then the +25% from being a samurai, his sword would be 125 - if you had a sword that was supposed to add another +10% to sword, those points 10 would be wasted.

2) Another question, is it true that the 5 min shield spells, i.e. missle shiled, enchated blade, armourplate etc. do not improve with powerlevel, the only thing that increase is the duration. Coz right now I'm finding it a waste of mana to cast it at higher levels.

No, they all get better with levels up - and they're a good way to pump your magic skills, so eventually your mana will go up; definitely I would keep practicing them at the high levels, it's not a waste of mana at all.

3) Dies any1 know the benefits of the spell Bless? I know it increases your attack rating etc. But what is the magnitude of benefit, is it worth casting in the late game.

It also helps your AC. It doesn't get any better though from say level 7 compared with level 1, just lasts longer. I think in certain fights it's worth it, especially if you have summoned elementals, cast it after that to help give them a boost. Basically if you think it's going to be a melee heavy fight and have a healing type caster who's free for a round early on, it's a nice addition. That and armormelt on your opponents is a nice combo.

Haste is the best though, gives everyone extra attacks/swings, lowers AC too - check your speed stats in the middle of a fight with haste cast, quite a difference [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-02-2002, 01:33 AM   #3
fung
Dungeon Master

Thnax Gimli, as always your advice was helpful.
fung is offline   Reply With Quote