Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2002, 10:48 AM   #1
Xerin
Dungeon Master

Hi. I got the game saved right in front of Davy Jones' locker. I'm going to try to get Excalibur. When I reload, do I have to completely exit the game or can I just reload? Also, has anyone killed Nessie and how? Thanks.
Xerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 11:19 AM   #2
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hi Xerin do NOT save the game in front of the chest save it BEFORE entring the place before you see Nessie then you have a chanse to get the "Exaliber Sword" and it will take about 10 tries or one that is random also save BEFORE you ENTRING this place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 11:45 AM   #3
Mage_77
Manshoon

Xerin:

A "zone" is what i call an area such as Lower Monastery or Arnika or Swamp. You needed to know this before hand so you could understand what im saying better.

The way chests work when you try to do the re-load method to try and get a specific item requires that you save "before" you enter a zone.
So if you were to come down the Mt Gigas Watertunnels you would save the game "right before" you enter the bayjin shallows.

The reason for this is when you enter a zone every each chest in that zone pre-sets a specific list of items. (normally this is worked out by a random mix of a set list of items that are possible to get from each chest). So if you try to re-load a saved game when you have already enter'd that zone the chest will continuosly give you the "exact" same items.

Saving outside the zone and re-loading from that will allow the chests in the zone to random select the items to be found in the chests.
Old 02-16-2002, 11:47 AM   #4
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

As Megabot says, for some chests you have to reload a game that was saved before you enter the quadrant. In this case, before Rayjin Shallows. It takes longer, I wish they had set it up to be randomized when you open the chest but, unfortunately, it is randomized when you enter the whole area. Other items like *light* swords in this area are also randomized when you enter the Shallows. This difficult feature of the game is also found in Wiz 7 and Wizards and Warriors for the really good items.