Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2002, 10:40 PM   #1
krayzkrok
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm not really after any major spoilers. In fact, I just like an excuse to talk Wizardy 8 with anyone who will listen! But seriously, two things are bugging me:

1. Is there any reason why Bela suddenly decided to leave his post at the entrance to the peak, fly down the path into the wilderness, and then sit about a third of the way down the road to the Rift? I was walking up to the path last week and there he was, flapping away down the mountain! I followed him, chatted to him when he stopped, and he's acting as though nothing unusual happened! When I returned just now, he was still there in the valley. Odd - I thought the view from the peak was much better!

2. I'm going the alliance route so far. Yamo got into bed with Z'Ant (figuratively speaking, of course), I took out Mr Savant's sleek, black ship, and I was about to head back and pick up trusty RFS-81 and Vi. Alas, Rodan and Drazic have other ideas. I'm worried! Ascension Peak probably has some fairly annoyed critters that prefer a fight to a cuddle, yet my new peacemongers can't hit a barn door at 2 paces. Is this my punishment for trying to do the Good Samaritan thing, being lugged with these two lightweights for the most important battles?! I suppose I could go and drown 'em both in the Sea Caves or something, but I'm not so heartless (evil smirk). And anyway, it looks like I need them at the Peak.

Maybe I'm overestimating the Peak anyway - the game has been pretty easy for my characters since they hit level 17 or so. But overconfidence is, and Luke Skywalker once said, a weakness.

krok
krayzkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 12:35 AM   #2
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

1. Bela never really went anywhere for me. I tried sending him down to the valley for groceries, but he wouldn't budge. Can't help you on this one.

2. Go back and talk to Yamo. Rodan and Drazic will dump you faster than my last girlfriend. And that is fast! Then go back and pick up the tin can and One-eye.

Knarfling
Old 02-12-2002, 08:46 AM   #3
MaskedFrog
Drow Warrior

I noticed the same thing with Bela. I was going up to see if he had anything useful before going to Ascension Peak. I had to chase him half way down the mountain until he stopped and talked to me. Strange but not fatal.
MaskedFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 10:29 PM   #4
krayzkrok
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Oops. I'm a little embarrassed about that second question. I played again last night and was browsing the journal to see what I'd missed. And there it said "Report to Yamir" once the ship is destroyed.

*gulp*

For some reason I didn't go back and see him, so yes - Rodan and Drazic are now en route to the Peak without me. [img]smile.gif[/img]

krok

ps. That was a fast dump, Knarfling!
krayzkrok is offline   Reply With Quote