Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2002, 08:33 PM   #1
SledgeHammer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi All,

My party was happily working for both the Umpani and the T'Rang when He'Li stuck her nose into my business. [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img] I paid her some hush money (blackmailing b*tch) and hoped for the best. [img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img]

I was still able to work for both factions until I allied with the Mook. I used the Umpani letter to get friendly with the Mook and returned to the T'Rang to try and get my next mission from them. Z'Ant accused my party of being spies and attacked! [img]graemlins/awcrap.gif[/img]

I reloaded and reported back to the Umpani instead, so my faction rating with the T'Rang should still be "Friendly" until I speak to Z'Ant again.

How did they find out? [img]graemlins/confused2.gif[/img]
How long is it possible to successfully act as a double agent? [img]graemlins/jamesbond.gif[/img]
Is there any way I can get back in Z'Ant's good books before I speak to him/her/it again? [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]
Is there a better way I could have handled the Mook Alliance mission? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2002, 09:31 PM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

I always avoid He'Li and have no problems working for both sides.

I do the Umpani alliance and bring back the Mook acceptance to them. However, that's okay, because then I visit Z'ant and show him we have the chaos moliri (which is what he really wants). Everything goes just fine.

If you have a save before speaking to He'Li, try that. Dunno if you can get on Z'ant's good side again.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 10:48 PM   #3
chimera99
The Magister

HeLi is true to her word. Therefore, there must be a nark somewhere else...
chimera99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 10:54 PM   #4
Coradin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

*Spoiler*
The Umpani shopkeeper will rat you out. There are a number of ways to get rid of him (including pickpocketing a certain item and giving it to Balbrek).
Coradin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 12:17 AM   #5
SledgeHammer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sgt Kunar!!! I knew something was dodgy about him!! [img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img]

It all makes sense now...

That's why Sgt Balbrak always responds with, "What about Sgt Kunar?" whenever you ask about him.

And the EWAXX system doesn't have any info on him.

I can't remember if I tried to mindread him or not... I will have to try it out when I get home.

Thanks!!! [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]
Old 01-29-2002, 04:05 AM   #6
Nix
The Magister

So what's the best way to deal with Kunar without antagonizing either side? So far, I've left him alone but I'm really tempted to either kill him or expose him --- but what are the consequences? Also how do I open the door beside him (spoil me pls.)
Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 08:38 AM   #7
Weel aka Bire
Welcomed New User

If you want to get rid of Kunar, best to expose him I think. There will be no consequence to that (Or I should say no "very bad consequence"), but just won't be reconized as a spy, and plus, no more "Kunar" to sell you stuffs. As for the door, there is not really anything interesting the door behind him (unless you go nuts to find out he's a spy, too), pickpocket him and get "Kunar's Key", then open the door and get in; you'll see something coverd by a...um...A cover! Flip it open and you'll see T'Rang's flag...Or symbol, if you wish.
Weel aka Bire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 12:36 PM   #8
Jem
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by SledgeHammer:
Hi All,
I reloaded and reported back to the Umpani instead, so my faction rating with the T'Rang should still be "Friendly" until I speak to Z'Ant again.

How did they find out? [img]graemlins/confused2.gif[/img]
How long is it possible to successfully act as a double agent? [img]graemlins/jamesbond.gif[/img]

Spoilers
You can act successfully as a double-agent all the way to the final mission for each side. Just make sure that every time you speak with Z'ant that you have an item to give him in your hand (Chaos Moliri, Treaty, etc.) and you will bypass his hostility reaction. There's no need to do anything to Kunar at all if you want to keep him as a shopkeeper. If you don't, however, I suggest using the password Z'ant gives you for the final T'rang mission, then talk to Kunar and then take what he gives you and give it to Balbrak.