Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2002, 07:01 PM   #1
Naugrim
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, I go in and do business with Croc and I see there's a passage behind his counter. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get there short of killing him. I actually did this once just to see (after failing pickpocket), so I know what's back there now, but is there another way to get to it? I'd kind of like to get what I found back there, but he's useful to me as a shopkeeper, too..
Naugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 07:04 PM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Only way I ever found was to kill him. I've heard that if you can lure some critters into following you into the shop area (where Crock is), Crock will come out to fight and the way is clear. Never tried that myself, though.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 07:09 PM   #3
elbarono
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I tried doing that but the critters wouldn't come through the door. It didn't even seem like they could shoot slime through the door (they were millipedes).. So I think Crock's house is like a "no monster zone" or something. It was like there was an invisible barrier at Crock's door that they couldn't even shoot through.
elbarono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 07:15 PM   #4
vesselle
Hathor

yeah, i couldn't get back there either.
or lure monsters in.
or lure Croc outside.
::shrugs::

there's a reason behind that, tho.later on in the game, you will have ample opportunity to see what lies beyond.

a certain critical event occurs to your team and it centers around the Swamp Idiot (Croc). you will then be allowed to get back there, depending on what you do during the crisis.

V***V

[ 01-25-2002: Message edited by: vesselle ]

Old 01-25-2002, 11:36 PM   #5
Ridgid
Dungeon Master

Only way i found is kill him, wont affect anything if you take the stuff he drops and save the "odd" items. I was able to get seekers in there.. with much effort.. how ever Crock will stay where he is.. doesn't move up to attack. so its kill him or forget about it.
Ridgid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 09:56 PM   #6
Naugrim
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ah, ok, thanks Veselle. I'll just play on and assume I'll know what you're talking about when I get there (sounds like I can't really miss it [img]smile.gif[/img] )
Naugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 08:51 AM   #7
Weel aka Bire
Welcomed New User

No no no no no, you can do your business with Crock without killing him (Though I really want to kick his arse). In the area you meet Crock (swamp of course), there is a bridge, go pass the bridge and then go east somewhere and search around, you'll find a easy-arse-been-kick monster (not quite, a frog would be more appropriate), kick that dum frog's butt and get its stinking leg and then go back to Crock and hand him that freaking leg. Then this funny guy will tell you something like,
"Oh, let me go to my room back there and check out something. Hey, look what I found, the Rapax people kidnaped you teammate and lock him/her into my room to frame it on me. He you go. What a nice scene, everybody back together."
not exact word but that's what it sound like to me. After get your friend back, do to Crock whatever you want.
Weel aka Bire is offline   Reply With Quote