Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2001, 12:51 PM   #1
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

I am just about to start the game, seemed to take me forever to create my characters. Please tell me what you think:

Fighter - Human
Fighter - Dracon
Bard - Hobbit
Priest - Dwarf
Ranger - Mook
Alechemist - Elf
Old 11-18-2001, 02:12 PM   #2
Ambrosius
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Looks to me like you have the basics covered (although I am no expert either). Took me a while to create a party also - I used one for about an hour, didn't like it, so created new characers. Just got finished the Monastery with the following, and they seem to be working out nicely so far (although I'm not sure for the long run yet):

Dwarf Fighter
Human Valkyrie
Human Ranger
Hobbit Bard
Ruwulf Priest
Faerie Mage

Maybe you should try out your party and see if you like using it. My first one was a real dud! I think a lot of care needs to go into allocation of attributes, etc.

Cheers
Ambrosius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2001, 02:47 PM   #3
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

Thanks for the advice. I have been playing in the lower monastery and things seem to be working out so far. Right now, I am happy with the party that I created. Just seems like there are so many choices when you are creating your party and it took a long time.
Old 11-18-2001, 03:29 PM   #4
Ambrosius
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, I think having lots of choices is one of the things that make this game so much fun to play. That and all of the attention to detail. So far, I think this is the best CRPG I have played in a long while. Hope it keeps going that way.
Ambrosius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2001, 03:54 PM   #5
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

I played the demo twice and now I am absolutely hooked on the game. Can't seem to stop playing. Yes, definitely one of the best games I've played too.
Old 11-18-2001, 04:16 PM   #6
SecretMaster

My party is
Human Male Lord
Felpur Male Samurai
Gnome Male Gadgeteer
Mook Male THief
Mook Female Bishop
Rawulf Male Psionic.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2001, 05:18 AM   #7
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Manshoon

have a party too *giggle* here it is:

LIZARDMAN-WARRIOR
DRACON-SAMURAI
HUMAN-VALKYRIE
FELPURR-NINJA
RUWULF-BISHOP
ELF-MAGE

not i played and finished BANE OF THE COSMIC FORGE with the same party
(can't remember the year) *giggle*
Old 11-26-2001, 10:44 AM   #8
volosy

I also have thoughts about strong characters or characters fun to play with.
Finally decide to go with fun to play. So for now they are:

Felpurr - Samurai
Human - Monk
Hobbit - Ninja
Mook - Gadgeteer
Elf - Bishop Priest/Psionic
Elf - Mage

Samurai is especially good after obtained sword from bank in Arnika, make like 20-25 damage in single blow, imagine that with Lighting strike [img]smile.gif[/img]
The only character I didn't really get into is Ninja - no critical hits, very small thrown or melee damage, but maybe this is just my fault (distribute points wrong).
This characters is very fun to play, especially though encounters, since I need to use potions, powders, special items to keep favour my ways.
Old 11-26-2001, 11:09 AM   #9
Case00
Manshoon

really..? I found my Samurai to be next to worthless. He was the first one to get multiple hits, but the most damage he did was around 15 for 95% of the game (enchanted Katana). My Ninja on the other hand was dangerous.. 5 to 8 hits per round bare handed for at least as much as the samurai, and a lot higher once I kicked his str up.. not to mention his critial hits and ability to knock people out.
Case00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 03:00 PM   #10
Lumieres
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Mook Male Ranger
Human Female Ninja
Human Female Monk
Hobbit Male Bard
Elf Male Bishop
Faerie Female Mage

They are all level 10 now and I am quite satisfied with all of them. Instant Kill is soooooooooooo wicked! And then there is Music to beseech the Heavens for favor... and Music to slaughter the undeserving and wicked...LOL. Now, if only I could find more shurikens, darts, etc. for my Ninja to throw...... . She is not happy about this shortage....
Lumieres is offline   Reply With Quote