Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 06:03 AM   #1
Funky Dynamite
Zhentarim Guard

ok, I got the icon and protrait thing down, now i need to know something about the equipment on characters. Is it possible to save equipment on a character and save it on one design and then put the character WITH the equipment into another design. Does the equipment have to be in that design (in the database) or can i put the character save into a file somewhere in the program file that lets me play the character as is whatever design i load? Can I do that with the equipment too?
Secondly, does anybody know where I can download a good fantasy design for DC?
Old 07-29-2005, 09:14 PM   #2
manikus
Jack Burton

You can only transfer equipment if the database is the same for both the designs that the character is being transferred between. It can't just be that the equipment on the character is is in both db's, the db's have to be identical. CocoaSpud doesn't currently know if he can do a work aroung for this.

As for characters, that's a different story. You can copy the character and their portrait into the 'CharSave' directory in your main UAF directory. Once there, they sould be available to join your party in any design. [img]smile.gif[/img]

-manikus
Old 08-04-2005, 08:42 AM   #3
Steve McDonald
The Magister

Hi

Welcome to DC. Hopefully you will stay around and remain part of the community. The project moves pretty slowly, which can be frustrating at times. But those of us who have seen it grow I think all find it great the way our requests and reports are answered by the genius, Richard (also called Cocoaspud).

I'm not really sure that there are many good fantasy designs available yet. As you have already realised, the game really isn't quite at a stage where it can be described as "complete".

I think there are one or two fantasy designs, and a couple of really good, though in some respects, really limited, science fiction designs.

Steve
Steve McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote