Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2000, 10:09 PM   #1
Conan

If BG was a movie who should be in it?
Old 12-05-2000, 12:21 AM   #2
Glorick the Half-Orc

Matt Leblanc for Minsc - ya need a really dumb actor to play that role.

"Hank the Angry Dwarf" playing the angry dwarf, heh.

Kate Winslet for Imoen.

John Malcovitch for Edwin.

Aerie - Jennifer Love Hewitt, I like that idea - gotta get some nice jugs in there.

Sean Connery as Keldorn.

Val Kilmer as the main char - Elf F/MU.

Tina Turner as Viconia - hehe.
Old 12-05-2000, 12:48 AM   #3
Mantis

russel crow, cos he kicked ass in GLADIATOR
plus hes australian

go aussie
Old 12-05-2000, 01:27 AM   #4
Khellendros

All no-name actors because the majority of the budget needs to go to effects and scenery. Besides, no-name actors could be picked to resemble exactly what characters look like.

Dungeons and Dragons December 8 WOO HOO!!
Old 12-05-2000, 01:58 AM   #5
omegadawn
Welcomed New User

Animation equals no actors(except voice) Im all for the animated Baldurs gate!!!
omegadawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2000, 10:58 AM   #6
profocy

Ok, here is what I think:

Valygar: Wesly Snipes, dreadlocked. Reason: Like him or hate him, Wesly knows how to fight. I think Valygar in the game could be much cooler. He already has a pretty cool character, he just may be useless to a lot of people. So, I think the character should be tweaked a little for the movie, and wesly should play him dark and mysterious. Like Blade.

Viconia: Could really be played by any sexy chick that can act. Reason: Well, she is going to be painted blue anyway, so it doesnt matter if she is white or black. The woman would have to have a huge aura of confidence though, so that would narrow down the choices considerably. Models or actresses would do fine here. Tyra Banks, or Denise Richards to name a couple.

Aerie: Sarah Michelle Gellar, Jennifer Love Hewitt or Katie Holmes. Reason: All are incredibly sexy, but have an innocence to them that aerie has. Granted, it is debatable to whether or not aerie is sexy or not. but that isnt the issue, if a movie was made, you think an ugly chick would be casted to play aerie? i doubt it. Geller, Hewitt and Holmes can both play a sexy character that doesnt know she is sexy. perfect if aerie were to be made on the silver screen.

Imoen: I think Winona Ryder is perfect for this role. Reason: The woman is annoying. So is Imoen. But then again, Winona is also very good looking, and i think would look damn cool with dyed red hair. The characters Ryder has played in the past just suite Imoen.

Keldorn: Harrison Ford. Reason: I know what you're thinking, harrison is too old for this role. He is nearing his sixties. I'm well aware of that. but movies exaggerate things, and I think Keldorn's age would be one of them. Keldorn would have to have a very strong on screen presence, he would be the leader. Name one actor around the age of harrison that has a stronger on screen presence. Keldorn would be the tragic hero in the movie. he would probably die half way though, and make way for the lead character to take his role as the leader of the group. Honorable mention: Kurt Russell.

Edwin: John Malkovich. Reason: He is just PERFECT for this role. An arrogent, cocky, brilliant, and evil character. No one can play all those characteristics combined better than malkovich. I have no idea whether or not he would be a "bad guy" or a "bad guy that does good reluctantly". That would be for the writers to decide.

Minsc: I'm just not sure. Reason: This is very tough. I think a no name actor would fit well here. I know minsc is very popular with fans of BG2 (myself included) but it would be hard to incorporate his role as anything significant for a movie. has he ever had anything significant to say? He would be in the main group, and i think he would be a great fighter too, but he would probably be used for comic relief more tan anything else.

Jaheira: Catherine Zeta-Jones. Reason: I know a lot of people hate jaheira, but in a movie setting, i think she would be one of the most facinating characters. Zones would have a heck of a challenge playing her. She would have to be tough, determined, and single-minded. Not to mention having to still be sexy for the audience. I think Jaheira would be the main love interest for our main character. (if the main character is male of course). I think this simply because Aerie and Viconia are too liniar, and im sure will flirt with the main character, but not be the one he is REALLY interested in. Jaheira wont want a relationship with the main character, so it is a challenge for the relationship to grow. a much better plot than anything aerie or viconia could offer.

Main character: who knows? Reason: well, i think the main character would have to be male, sorry to all you female gamers out there. I would love Russel crow to play the role, but he cant. he is too old. the actor that plays the main character cant be more than 28-30. and he would still have to LOOK younger. This would probably be a no name getting his start along side some pretty damn good company!

As you can see, This sure as hell aint gonna happen. the budget for the actors alone would reach into the 40-50 million range. and i agree, realisticly alomst all of them would have to be no names in order for the special effects to take precedence. but hey, in my perfect world those would be my choices. please feel free to tell me your opinion! hope you enjoyed!
Old 12-05-2000, 11:03 AM   #7
profocy

Kay... I posted this originally to modify somehting in my big long post above, not realizing that i could just modify the post itself, so just ignore this one. heh.... im an idiot.
Old 12-05-2000, 03:50 PM   #8
BubbaD

"Matt Leblanc for Minsc - ya need a really dumb actor to play that role."

Nah, Matt Leblanc would look *stupid* with a bald head. There's a comedian named "Tree" that's about 5'40"/200#+ that would work perfect in that roll...
Old 12-05-2000, 04:11 PM   #9
Magnus Magnificent

Glorick,
I love it! You're getting very close. Sean Connery is a must. I like Val Kilner, too. Matt Le Blanc....eh...maybe?
Old 12-05-2000, 04:16 PM   #10
Saithana

Misc - the guy who played Bull in Night Court. Very tall, very big, very bald.

Jaheira - Jamie Lee Curtis or Sigourney Weaver. Both very strong, handsome women.

I'd like to see the entire cast of Dogma in the BG2 movie. They would all fit rather well, I reckon.