Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2005, 05:27 AM   #1
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Well I just saw that on Sunday we will have a movie length episode of Stargate Atlantis.

Since I missed the shows where the Goa'uld attacked earth over antartica I missed the discovery of atlantis.

What do you people who ahve seen Atlantis think of the shows. Does it hold up against SG-1 ?

Cheers
Old 03-24-2005, 05:31 AM   #2
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I love SG-1, and Atlantis is kinda okay.. I don't like the leader much yet. The one dude is annoying as hell and the Wraith look like She-males gone crazy!

It's getting better though. But SG1 is god still. I always love fridays-- SG1, Atlantis and Battlestar Galactica:TNG [img]smile.gif[/img]

Battlestar is awesome--writing and acting are VERY well done.

Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 05:54 AM   #3
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Man our taste is shows is scary.

I see Battlestar on Wednsday, and Stargate Sg-1 on thursday. Not sure when Atlantis is going to be on. I just know that the movie is sunday.
Old 03-27-2005, 07:32 PM   #4
HERITIC
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
I love SG-1, and Atlantis is kinda okay.. I don't like the leader much yet. The one dude is annoying as hell and the Wraith look like She-males gone crazy!

It's getting better though. But SG1 is god still. I always love fridays-- SG1, Atlantis and Battlestar Galactica:TNG [img]smile.gif[/img]

Battlestar is awesome--writing and acting are VERY well done.
Ill hav ta agree the leader is a bit of a pain in the neck and they obviously didnt put much work in the creation of the wraiths quite sad really i think i will stick with the old stargate wen oneill actuall gos places insted of sitting back in his office wathching things now that sucks
Old 03-28-2005, 09:13 PM   #5
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Well i really liked the Altantis series after seeing the first two episodes in a movie length episode.

I really like the new stargate and how it dials.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:35 PM   #6
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Hmm, was Atlantis that crap that was on last night? I hated it, sorry, I thought the acting was too "Try hard" to be Stargate worthy
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 10:17 PM   #7
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

It was on Sunday night. I didn't mind it. The acting was sub par but I'm hoping that they will get better once they settle into their roles.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:28 PM   #8
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Yeah, i see how it would easily get better over time (as the original series did) but I guees im just so used to the SG-1 team.
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 01:35 AM   #9
Griefmaker
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:

I agree. Atlantis is okay and I am still not too fond of the major as well--he seems to try a little too hard sometimes. I do like the fact, however, that he is rather ruthless sometimes. Main characters with a darker side add new twists to the typical picture of a hero which make them more fun to watch.

Also, fridays are great! That is the one day my wife and I make sure to be home to watch TV. It's too bad that soon it will just be reruns until July