Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2002, 06:52 PM   #1
AndyG
Elminster

I saw two new series on Fox on Friday night. They were Firefly and John Doe.

Firefly is a sci fi show set in the future, 2500 or so. The Earth apparently is destroyed, but humanity has colonized the galaxy. The Alliance has just conquered the majority of the galaxy. A ship of rebels and outlaws fly around causing trouble. In the first episode, they rob a train for a job, then find out that they stole medical supplies needed for a town. They have to decide whether to return the supplies and save the town, or keep their contract. It's very old western style, with people wearing six guns and lots of brawling. I think it's kind of neat show, and I liked it. I don't think it will last very long.

The other show is John Doe. A man wakes up, with no knowledge of himself. However, he knows everything else. Not only that, he knows how to do everything, or can know, once he decides to learn. He starts trying to figure things out. He is color blind, but sees a few things in color. One is a pictures of a little girl who was kidnapped. He works with the police to help recover her. This show is interesting as well, and very gripping. I needed to go get my laundry at one point, but didn't want to tear myself away from the show. I'm interested to see where it goes as the season wears on. I doubt whether this show will last either.

Anyway, I think it's good to see some new sci fi series on network TV. I'm hoping these shows will have some legs.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 09:11 PM   #2
T/-/alali
Baaz Draconian

I've seen the commercials for both of those. They look promising.