Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2002, 08:46 PM   #1
Lioness
Jack Burton

Cool book, though I only read the abridgement by Goldman, so I can't speak for the original.

And I'm wondering if I'm the only one who really didn't like Buttercup all that much...Inigo was my favorite character. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-01-2002, 08:52 PM   #2
Jenas Rhodry
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've never fond the book anywhere but i have seen the movie and Inigo is played brilliantly although I have to say the concept of the dread pirate Roberts was my favorite thing.

Oh & yes I think that Buttercup is annoying too!

[ 05-01-2002, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: Jenas Rhodry ]
If life is problems and living is solving problems then death must be a total lack of problems.<br />So come let me end all your problems!<br /><br />Jenas Rhodry Bard Blade Doomguard Factotum and all around \"nice guy\"
Jenas Rhodry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 07:41 PM   #3
Lioness
Jack Burton

Yes! Death to Buttercup!! Mwahahah!!... :evillaugh: er, sorry... :uhoh:

I'll have to go watch the movie then...
Old 05-03-2002, 08:16 PM   #4
Azred
Drow Priestess

<font color = lightgreen>Buttercup wasn't all that bad, I thought. I, personally, wouldn't fall for her, but that is neither here nor there.

How can you not like Fezzik?

I like Miracle Max and his wife.</font>

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 11:20 AM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=skyblue>Yesss!!! Lioness! I have to say that I love you! The Princess Bride is my favorite movie! I own it on VHS, DVD, and the novel. I hear a rumor of a continuation book, called Buttercup's Baby, or something, but I cannot find it anywhere. I have watched that movie so many times, I can quote any part of it.

The most annoying part of Buttercup is when they are beuing attacked by the Rodent. She was terrible there! She was too unsure of what to do to help.

</font>
Old 05-04-2002, 09:45 PM   #6
Lioness
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
<font color = lightgreen>Buttercup wasn't all that bad, I thought. I, personally, wouldn't fall for her, but that is neither here nor there.

How can you not like Fezzik?

I like Miracle Max and his wife.</font>
I like Fezzik! [img]smile.gif[/img] I just like Inigo better. [img]smile.gif[/img] And Miracle max was cool, and actually, The Sicilian amused me. [img]smile.gif[/img] Just the way he acted.

Larry: In the 25th Anniversary edition of The Princess Bride, by Goldman, there's the first chapter of Buttercup's Baby. I don't know where you could get the whole thing though.
Old 05-09-2002, 07:57 PM   #7
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

this movie is a definite all time classic for any age group. i find this movie as entertaining today as i did the first time i saw it when i was about 7. this really is a great adventure movie, though unfortunately i have never read the book
Old 05-12-2002, 05:34 PM   #8
Billy Yank
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Lioness:
Cool book, though I only read the abridgement by Goldman, so I can't speak for the original.
There is no original. The stuff about PB being an abridgement of an earlier work is all make-believe.