Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2004, 05:30 PM   #1
DragonSlayer25
Drow Warrior

getting into the game. I was introduced to the series via BGII and could never really get into BGI, but now I want to play all the way through the series and I still can't get into BGI. anyway to make it more fun/interesting?
It\'s like a whole other world<br />Where you can smell the food<br />But you can\'t touch the silverware.<br /><br />[url]\"http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Porkmeister\" target=\"_blank\">http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Porkmeister</a>
DragonSlayer25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 05:51 PM   #2
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

playing the game with BGT or BGTutu; that way you can play SoA classes in BG1, and may make the game more interesting for you. However, if it's the none-linearity and none-plot driven nature of BG1 that keeps you from getting into the game, then, I guess BG1 is just not your cup of tea [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2004, 07:36 PM   #3
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

Well, sometimes I'm not in the mood for BG I yet I feel like I should play it through and export my character to BG II in order to make it more realistic (I can never start from II). What I do then is just rush through the game quickly, only doing the major quests. This way, the game's over in a couple days and I can get on with the sequel. It doesn't matter that you wont have much XP when you finish BG I, because there's so much to be had in BG II that it becomes completely irrelevant.