Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2002, 07:43 PM   #1
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Hi there I'm a new bie and there's some question marks in my mind. I'll be very happy if you can help me.

1-Spellcraft is useful for Clerics too?

2-Armor Arcana is useful? It sounds good to spend 2 slot for this feat and then I can wear any leather armor. If I found a +4 leather it means +6 AC! But I think that there must be lots of bracers of defence. (is there any??) if yes, I wont spend my slots for this feat.

3-What about dash? Moving %15 faster could be useful in my opinion.

4-I need some advices for wizard feats. Which ones are "must"? Spell penetration sounds amazing!

5-Am I wrong or right? I think there isnt any useful skill for my fighter. Bluff,Diplomacy are my bard's job not my fighter's. Pickpocket,search,spellcraft too! Only concreation and wilderness lore are useful for fighters I think?

6-Which cleric kit you're playing? I like the lathander!

7-Finally, last question! My party is Human Fighter (focusing on swords&bows) Dwarven Fighter (focusing on axes&hammers) cleric (healer) wizard (intelligent guy) Bard (leader for fun I like bards) and Rogue. I'm undecided about make a bard/rogue character and take another fighter as sixth member OR keep the pure bard and make a rogue/ranger character? rogues are good? should I multiclass them?

thanks for your help..

*do you think that portraits are ugly? I think so! I miss BG2 portraits
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 09:53 PM   #2
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

1-Spellcraft is useful for Clerics too?
Yes. It is useful, if you want to be able to identify enemy spells and use counterspells.
2-Armor Arcana is useful? It sounds good to spend 2 slot for this feat and then I can wear any leather armor. If I found a +4 leather it means +6 AC! But I think that there must be lots of bracers of defence. (is there any??) if yes, I wont spend my slots for this feat.
Armor Arcana? What the heck are you talking about dude? There is Heavy, Light, and Medium Armor Proficiency.
3-What about dash? Moving %15 faster could be useful in my opinion.
Dash? Huh? Do you mean dodge?
4-I need some advices for wizard feats. Which ones are "must"? Spell penetration sounds amazing!
None of them are a "must", but Spell Penetration and Maximized Spell are good ones to have.
5-Am I wrong or right? I think there isnt any useful skill for my fighter. Bluff,Diplomacy are my bard's job not my fighter's. Pickpocket,search,spellcraft too! Only concreation and wilderness lore are useful for fighters I think?
No, Persuade is always useful. Disarm Traps and Search are good ones too.
6-Which cleric kit you're playing? I like the lathander!

7-Finally, last question! My party is Human Fighter (focusing on swords&bows) Dwarven Fighter (focusing on axes&hammers) cleric (healer) wizard (intelligent guy) Bard (leader for fun I like bards) and Rogue. I'm undecided about make a bard/rogue character and take another fighter as sixth member OR keep the pure bard and make a rogue/ranger character? rogues are good? should I multiclass them? 6th character? What? You can only have one henchman. Are you talking about the multiplayer? Other than that, there is no such thing as a party.

Are you sure you aren't talking about a different game dude? Like BG2 or something?

[ 09-13-2002, 09:55 PM: Message edited by: Willard ]
Old 09-13-2002, 09:59 PM   #3
DraconisRex

1. Yes, for counterspelling.
2. Armored Arcana is ICW:II. You want to take the MetaMagic Feat "Still spell" that allows you to cast w/o somatic components. You then memorize all your spells one level higher and you can wear full plate. (Here's a trick - instead of wasting lots of feats on armor & weapons proficiencies, take 1 fighter level).
3. Okay, you're mixing up ICW:II and NWN a lot. Yes, dash is great. It's ICW:II, though. Not NWN.
4. Okay, you need to go to the Icewind Dale II forum. These are NOT NWN questions.

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote