Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2002, 01:34 AM   #1
Sythe
Ra

MY Favorite race is............. Elf and Half-Elf I will try Human soon.
Old 08-07-2002, 02:21 AM   #2
Darkman

Favorite race for this game or in general? I'm personally not a big fan of Elves, but I find Half-elves to be a rather interesting race because of the duality they must struggle with [img]smile.gif[/img] Halflings are also usually fun to play, although they seem to have gotten the short end of the stick in NWN
Old 08-07-2002, 04:32 AM   #3
Grindar Silvermane
Manshoon

Location: Temple of Tempus: The High Hall of Swords and Banners
Quote:
Originally posted by Darkman:
Favorite race for this game or in general? I'm personally not a big fan of Elves, but I find Half-elves to be a rather interesting race because of the duality they must struggle with [img]smile.gif[/img] Halflings are also usually fun to play, although they seem to have gotten the short end of the stick in NWN
As long as it's only the short end of the stick and not the sh!tty end it's not that bad
However, I normally play only humans (not that I'm racist but I like their general versatillity best) but now I'm playing a half-elf for the first time and I must say that I do enjoy the better than human ability to spot traps etc and their better resistance to sleep and charm spells
Old 08-07-2002, 06:12 AM   #4
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

...are you kidding me? My fav race is elves n dragons. Elves n dragons, keep saying it to urself ,, as an Elf, I'm prejudice agasint dwarfs, halflings are too insufferbly cheerful, and gnomes... are... erm... I dont like their gardens, tehy spoil nature... there, that kinda sounds elvish enough [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Humans? bah! Lousy creatures [img]tongue.gif[/img] they build and destroy [img]tongue.gif[/img] build and destory! Half elves? their good, they've got elf blood in them, they HAVE to be [img]tongue.gif[/img] . see my prejudices? Quite easy to understand... from an elf's pointa view. heh.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 08:38 AM   #5
AndyG
Elminster

I like humans the best. The extra skill points and extra feats are very nice.

The other races are hurt by their ability minuses. Elves are said to be best wizards, but they get a plus to dexterity instead of intelligence? And that -2 to constitution is a big deterrent.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 08:40 AM   #6
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I had to choose human. Couldn't choose any of the Gith races or a Thri-keen. Only the boring normal races like elves(who must die) and such.
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 01:04 PM   #7
Jim
Quintesson

Is it me or do half elves get pretty screwed in terms of racial bonuses? They don't get the bonus weapon proficiencies and bonus DEX of the elves, nor do they get the extra feat from humans! All they get is a semi alertness feat (not as good as the elf version) and some low light vision (again, not as good as the darkvision gained by th elves). Is this really as good as being able to choose a free feat if you were a human? I don't think so!

Surely the best way to go is human!! The extra feat means you can choose your characters special ability, often providing to be more advantageous that the bonuses of other races, and 4 extra skill points upon creation and an additional one per level provides a bonus 24 skill points by 20th level. That beats any of the racial bonuses from all other races. Finally, humans can multiclass to anything from anything and suffer no XP penalty (provided you respect the level boundaries).

To clarify, HUMAN ALL THE WAY
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 02:04 PM   #8
Hesperex

My favourite race has always been Elves not just in computer games but in pen and paper and in the many books I have read. Elves just have something about them that no other race has for me. I am a particular fan of the Drow a very intriguing people indeed.
Old 08-07-2002, 03:29 PM   #9
Lord Shield

Human every time [img]smile.gif[/img]

only reason I took non-humans in previous D&D editions was because humans couldn't multi-class LOL!!
Old 08-07-2002, 03:48 PM   #10
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

bah, humans, one more feat!! so friggin what!!! once you get to high levels, feats just suck in NWN. in the PNP version, there are MANY feats left out of the game, but in NWN, i find myself picking things like Skill Affinity and the like, simply because i dont want another weapon focus. i have an elven monk, and im sure he can whoop just about any human (except a monk of equal ability). the races really mean nothing in D&D 3rd edition, the differences are minor at best. one more feat, psh....... if you want to get technical, elves have various feats for free. free weapons focus for race, plus PICKING it. so i have a bonus +1 when useing a rapier, shortsword, or bow, all of which i like to use anyway. elves all the way. humans are powerhungry, halflings are lazy, dwarves are stubborn and illogical, half-elves are ok, and gnomes are just weak dwarves!!!
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote