Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2002, 04:37 PM   #1
Mourn Yauntyyr
The Magister

Ok, maybe I'm an uber-wimp, but I'm having trouble with Desther. I'm a 6/1 Fighter/Rogue, and every time I go into the room with Desther I get stomped down. If I hit him, it seems to do no damage. Does he have protection from +1 weapons and lower?
Old 07-03-2002, 08:02 PM   #2
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

If you mean the guy whos being lit up in the middle of the room,kill the 4 guys surrounding him and casting whatever they are on him first ,than you shoulb be able to hurt him..I had to stone back to the temple plenty of times during that one..
Old 07-09-2002, 12:53 PM   #3
xilver
Welcomed New User

first of all, to remove him from the invulnerable state, you have to kill all the other creatures in the room , especially those around him doing the rituals, if not you will NEVER be able to inflict any damage on him.

though he may appear to be impossible to defeat, but once you can inflict a certain amount of damage onto him, he will surrender and be willing to go back wif you. so keep whacking ... =)
if you have any potions like cat's grace or bull's strength, you may wanna consider using them.
=)
xilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 12:58 PM   #4
MagiK

Actually you don't have to kill them all. If you kill the undead labeled as "ritual xxx" or "ceremony xxx" or some such, Desther will losse his controll of some of the undead and they will turn on him. You can also run away from him, dash in kill a couple of things then run away to heal up.

I dashed in (used a potion of speed), killed a couple of the zombie things with energy lines thru them and dashed out again....if you try to take him on head to head...good luck.

[ 07-09-2002, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]