Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2002, 09:04 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Just had to mention the tiny text. Wow. My eyes are straining, I'm all up close to the monitor to read the text when people talk to you LOL! No doubt it looks neater and more "high tech" but not sure if it is an improvement. Ah well, I'll get used to it I reckon, hope I don't get like crows feet or something LOL [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2002, 01:12 AM   #2
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Just had to mention the tiny text. Wow. My eyes are straining, I'm all up close to the monitor to read the text when people talk to you LOL! No doubt it looks neater and more "high tech" but not sure if it is an improvement. Ah well, I'll get used to it I reckon, hope I don't get like crows feet or something LOL [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Change your resolution to 800x600. It makes it MUCH easier to read the text, and the engine was made to be in that resolution too..

I DO usually play games at the highest res (I have a P4 2.4Ghz with a Geforce4 4600 128MB) And Morrowind looks AWESOME in high res, but some games 'do' better in a lower res, it doesn't really take anything from the game either.

You shouldn't strain your eyes, it's not good. Drop the res down, and you'll feel much more relaxed. Its rare, I know, but sometimes games look better at a lower res

Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2002, 01:46 AM   #3
Anamics
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hmm. Morrowind at 1600 looks good. but text's kinda hard to read too. not as fluent as you would on 1024. true? i've a 17 inch screen so maybe that's it..
Old 06-22-2002, 05:24 AM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Anamics:
hmm. Morrowind at 1600 looks good. but text's kinda hard to read too. not as fluent as you would on 1024. true? i've a 17 inch screen so maybe that's it..
Yeah. I could bump ALL my games to 1920x1200 now but I don't WANT to, because as you said, the TEXT is SO small, you gotta get a Magnifying glass JUST to read it!

I wish they would 'scale' text in games so it stays large (or atleast large enough to read easily). SOME games do this (Quake 3), I wish others would too.

Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote