Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 09-14-2006, 12:33 AM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

It happened! It finally happened! One of the peasants got to change to a new class!!!!

Great rejoicing and celebration reigned throughout the Gael Serran. True, it was just Periwinkle becoming an Assassin, but it's been a long time since anything this exciting happened...

And I'm also happy to report another piece of wonderful information... that an assassin can join the Rogue, warrior, and Samurai guilds! That makes four -- count 'em, F-O-U-R -- guilds that Periwinkle now belongs to, missing only the temple. That means lots more time to train... and since she's just a new one, we should have plenty of training, right? Right.

It also means plenty of quests... delivering the clan invitation... delivering the dragon arrow... retrieving the serpent coins... and in fact, I think we'll run back to Valeia, just in case there's a quest she can do there. Woohoo!

*ahem* I'm sorry... the excitement of leveling up just got to me. It's been such a while... and it's going to be a long while before anyone else changes classes.

Those who've played for a while know the drill when you change classes... you hang around town, running a gauntlet so you can build up XP. About 10,000 XP gets you to around 4th or 5th level, and once you need more than 15,000 XP to raise a level, you can start doing some serious adventuring.

Well, that's boring, quite frankly... so we decide to take Periwinkle on her errands. First is the dragon arrow... and what's that??? A shambling slag next to Torin? Well, this is quite a predicament, isn't it? Can't try a meteorstorm... we might kill Torin. And no spells have worked... except this time, Flamedrop seems to work occasionally.

Fine. Cast flamedrop and give the arrow to Torin. Let's get it over with.

Moments later, with multiple flamedrops going and the warriors hacking away, the slag falls... and Periwinkle goes up a level! Woohoo!

But you know... it's really a long way back to town... and anyone who knows the drill knows that you can accumulate the XP for the next level, go into town to train on *this* level, then level up, and do another round of training. Pretty sweet, all things considered.... so let's do that.

Tonight, we're seeing lots of trolls... and every pack of trolls is hanging around with a pack of ratlings, usually sneeks. They seem to be around every corner, but we dispatch them away. Spells and swords... they work wonders.

We run past the bloodstone griffin again, after checking -- nope, still can't damage him with magic. Maybe later...

Into the mines, deliver the invitation, dispatch a pack or two of worgurs... and look at that! Periwinkle's ready to level up again! Time to run back to Ishad N'ha and take care of that...

Only on the way back, the featured monster is the mountain spider. All fangs and poison, and more than 700 XP each, a pack of three is over 2,000 XP. There's a pack there... slay them, walk ten feet, and there's another pack... then another... then some trolls and ratlings to spice it up a bit...

By the time we got back, Periwinkle went from level 2 to level 5 -- three levels in one shot. Shoulda headed back sooner, believe me.

One plus to all those trolls and ratlings... they like to carry amulets of holding, and those are worth a STR point to Eljayess! Flicker's already at 10 STR, so it's time for Eljayess to pick up a few points. She's already got six... way to go!

Peri did lose the remaining samurai guild quests, so life's going to be pretty grim there. She also lost the remaining thieves' guild quests, although the warriors are still good for another quest. Ol' Doshi-Gin... we'll get him after the stout mines.

Next up, though, is Valeia and the warrior guild. Perhaps we can get something out of there...

More news later
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 02:14 PM   #2
bsftcs
Red Dragon

So magic does not harm the Griffin? Interesting!

Great chapter as always, Bungleau. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2006, 02:54 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Flicker is 10 STR - LOL!!! Periwinkle as an Assassin!! LOL!!!

No, seriously, I do understand that these are great and remarkable achievements for this bunch!!

Really bad that you keep missing out on those different quests - still don't understand why that is happening. Bummer!!

Great episode!!!
Old 09-14-2006, 07:40 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Oh, magic *does* harm the Griffin, bsftcs.... just not when the peasants cast it

I suspect that something got flustered when I edited the scores down to nothing. I don't know that I'll try to fix it... it does make the game even more challenging, after all.

But yeah... shouting from the rooftops about a 10 STR is a little ridiculous, isn't it [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote