Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 09-12-2006, 09:44 AM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Before starting last night's activities, Flicker ran into the temple to pick up some more rebirth scrolls. Yes, she can cast it, but if she casts it once, she's done with spirit spells for a long, long time... and the heals are much more important.

In fact, half of Flicker's pack contains Rebirth scrolls...

So last night, it was over to the Stout Mines. Getting there was a trick... the peasants kept running into Erathsmedor, and for some reason, he was in the mood for barbecued dwarf. Gruhntella kept getting the short end of the skewer, and Flicker was healing her all along.

Of course, no trip to the mine is ever complete without a Bloodstone Griffin... and wouldn't ya know it, this one appears immune to stone spells. No meteorstorm here.

And sun spells. No flamestrike, no elemental blast, no flamedrop... nothing but swords and staff. Well, let's try it... everybody RRRRUUUNNN!!!

Where'd it go? I can't see it!

The critter climbed up into the sky, launching its breath attacks from there.

*thud*

*sigh* RETREAT!!! Someone drag Eljayess!!!

Flicker...?

For the first time ever, one of my parties simply ran past the griffin and didn't kill it. We only have 18 or so rebirths, you know...

The party, much sombered, headed into the mines. Gave the scroll to Signore Pastolio, ran down to the throne room, and gave the invitations to the guards.

Normally, that means level 5 Warrior, and Fletchery for the rangers. For the peasants, that will mean level 3 Warrior... I hope. We may never see Fletchery.

What the heck... we decide to work through the rest of the mines. Not too difficult, right? Bats, worgurs, insane miners... nothing major.

Lemmetellya, those miner's bombs? They do a *LOT* of damage to peasants... I think they act like flamestrikes. New rule of action when fighting miners... attack the one with the bomb in his hand.

*thud*

And also...

*thud*

....remember to stock up...

*thud*

... on rebirth scrolls.

Sheesh!

The peasants find the rod, fix the trolley, and head down to the depths. They meet Raskalion, and for the first time, he attacks first! I've struggled before with having to attack him for no reason, but now he went first Conscience cleared... and I think Periwinkle will be the assassin. She is an Oomphaz, but we've picked up Oomphaz leather and war chain so far... she's got armor waiting

Raskalion was easy, and the peasants raided the treasure vault. Mostly easy traps, but a couple moderates, and...

*thud*

*sigh* Flicker...?

Guess who needs to study her locks and traps a bit more?

Let's see... after Raskalion... ah, yes. The good old shambling slag. Sniffer sensed one, and we found it... and didja know, it's immune to stone magic? At least, peasant stone magic?

Say it with me now...

*thud*

*sigh* Flicker...?

Eljayess dies three or four times in this battle... apparently, slags don't like elves. Finally, eventually, the slag dies... and the party finishes off the bats who'd joined the fight midway through. Next time I see a slag, I may just run.

Time to get the silvery metal... oh, lookie! A cute little lava pup! With extremely bad breath... man, life as anything *but* a peasant is so much easier! One breath, and the party is just about wiped out! At least you can kind of run away from it... but it keeps chasing you, and the pup keeps breathing.

We found that meteorstorm was the only spell effective against the lava pups and the lava hound... and neither Eljayess nor Periwinkle can cast more than one without some serious rest. A lot of *cast*.... *run*... *drink*.... *run back*... *repeat*... took place, but finally the lava mongrels were history.

Found the dragon ore, headed back to Freyedies, and got dragon armor. Gave it to Eljayess... Periwinkle is targeted to be the assassin, and Flicker can wear chain.

Went back down to find the cave crab, finished it off, and grabbed a shell. That's one up on Brimloch Roon...

Last night's featured animal, BTW, was the worgur... mongrels, rabids... they were everywhere. Thank heavens it wasn't the slag, or else this story would be just about over.

Tonight, back to Ishad N'ha and past the bloodstone griffin again. Then running the gauntlet near Ishad N'ha so the assassin can level up, and then probably on to the dragon spire so we can run the gauntlet there for everyone else.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 10:42 AM   #2
crpgnut
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just read your whole series. Very entertaining!
Old 09-12-2006, 12:02 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I'm always amazed at how much you manage to get done! [img]smile.gif[/img] Must be all those previous games helping you to make wise choices for your not so wise peasants!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 12:30 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Glad you're enjoying them, crpgnut [img]smile.gif[/img] They're a lot of fun to play, and to write down as well. It helps the game to live on after I've played it.

And Wyv, you might say it's all that experience helping make wise choices... but how many times has meteorstorm accidentally been cast? And I haven't *begun* to document the number of accidental flamedrops... it's almost a standard move:

step 1: Cast flamedrop
step 2: Take two steps back

-+-+-+
Old 09-12-2006, 12:37 PM   #5
crpgnut
Elite Waterdeep Guard

That's why I play in safemode. I'd kill myself constantly else [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2006, 12:55 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:

step 1: Cast flamedrop
step 2: Take two steps back

Sounds like a Dance Craze!!!

Flamedrop Rag
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 02:52 PM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Safe mode doesn't help when you cast flamedrop on the bat flying in front of your nose, and you're still in range....
-+-+-+