Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 09-02-2006, 12:46 AM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

*edit* I was really tired when I typed this... fixing spelling errors, adding stuff I mean to...

Tonight's update... and things we learned (but really didn't want to).

First... when you've slipped up in your *ahem* donations, Kreug also decides he doesn't like you. However, when he sees you, the first thing he apparently likes to do is to cast flamestrike.... peasant matchsticks, anyone?

The second most annoying thing about him is that he also likes to cast it again later.... and that's a lot of HP to be restored. By the end of the battle, three of the peasants were down -- Lightfinger, Flicker, and our gal Periwinkle.

Well, that Rebirth scroll stuff is kind of tricky... and so Lightfinger is back, Flicker is back, and Periwinkle... well, she's a pile of bone now. We've already learned what comes next... but let's not use a scroll. Instead, Flicker learned that Resurrect spell... but nope. She's not skilled enough, and Periwinkle is back to a pile of ash... again...

At least we don't have to face Kreug with Elyssia... but man, these priests are annoying! Flicker keeps casting cure poison spells, and Gruhntella is using those cure poison potions as fast as we can find them!

So... after dispatching Kreug, we decide to go back to the Serpent Holds (to get that one stupid monkey idol... and what the heck. Let's lock the Holds back up again... only you'll never guess what happened! The gate starts down, and then goes into what I call "squash mode", where it tries to squash whatever is underneath it.

Only there's nothing there, and it doesn't stop! Up and down, up and down... kind of cool, actually.

But here comes a milking spider... wonder if we can get it caught in the grate?

Turns out we can't, but it also turns out after a while that the gates stops opening. We're now in the locked room... great! But it's the one with the switch on the wall -- only the switch isn't working! We're now locked in, with the spider on the other side...

The spider is dispatched quickly, and the peasants decide to swim for it. That's right... these peasants who can barely hold their breath long enough to take a bath. At long last, they make it through to the other side (Flicker is down to 1 HP) and open up the serpent holds... completely, this time.

Now to go to Ishad N'ha, get the wizards quest (we hope!), and continue on...

[ 09-02-2006, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 10:03 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Wowzah!!!

Being a peasant isn't easy!! And poor Periwinkle - does she hold the "ash" record for your group??

Really enjoying reading these, Bungleau (more than I would playing these! LOL!)!!
Old 09-02-2006, 12:10 PM   #3
bsftcs
Red Dragon

It sounds like you are better off leaving her as ash.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:03 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Can't leave her as ash.... she's one of the two wizards, and it may be the Stout Mines before anyone can change class!

Glad you're enjoying it, Wyv [img]smile.gif[/img] I do enjoy writing about their adventures and the things that take place.

More later (though I'm still tired [img]smile.gif[/img] )
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote