Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 09-01-2006, 12:47 AM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

A couple of things to report tonight...

First, I neglected to mention one detail about last night's activities. Remember me mentioning that Periwinkle died and missed all the fun with the Scabban's Evils? The astute readers among you may have been wondering why someone else didn't use a scroll of life or something... after all, the party stocked up on them [img]smile.gif[/img]

Well, let me tell you what happens when you mess up a scroll of life on someone... they turn to bone, and have to be brought back to a temple.

Or maybe, just maybe, you can try another scroll... say, of rebirth.

If you screw that one up, you get ash. I don't know what fixes ash... except the temple.

So... you're now all up to speed.

Well, the peasants went to Ishad N'ha, letting Lightfingers finally level up at a guild. The indignity of it all... especially since it appears that Traps & Locks is a level *2* guild skill... she couldn't train in it until she'd completed her first quest.

And complete it they did, going around the serpent temple buying gold serpins off any priest who'd stay still long enough. Got up to five, then eight, then nine... and as they went after number 10, they ran into a problem with a dowry priest.

Now, the peasants all had money to pay off -- er, tithe to the dowry priests when needed. But as they were being asked for money, a group of temple vipers showed up... and in fighting them, the party got too far away from the dowry priest, and he went bad on them. So much for the simple approach to the serpent temple... everything's going to die now...

A couple of things we noticed....

First, the rest of the doors by Kreug don't open until you cleanse the serpent holds. I suspect that means you have to kill the filthy crust (or whatever it is) in that little tunnel, which was quite tricky with the peasants' meager abilities to hold their breath. As it was, they were all drowning when they were done, and Flitter got to the surface with one HP left....

That brings me to the tests on Lightfingers guild quests.... and everything was a flop. In short...

• Get quest 1, have the coins in hand, complete quest 1 immediately... failed.
  • Have someone else hold the coins, get quest 1, get the coins back, complete quest 1 -- failed.
  • Have someone hold the coins, get quest 1, leave Ishad N'ha-ha-ha, get the coins back, complete quest 1... failed.
  • Threaten to beat up Bratsol... no reaction
I've still got a savegame, so if anyone has other ideas, let me know...

I'm bummed... but at least she can take advantage of the second quest bug in Brimloch Roon to get to level 7. I haven't tried anyone else yet... they're not strong enough to go to Shurugeon Castle and deal with salads yet. Plus, they still need to get the Masque... and if it turns out that they can't complete any more quests, it's going to be a really long game....

Anyway, everyone went up another level. The mages (8 INT) are now getting two (count 'em, TWO!) skill points at level up! Woohoo!

Yah.... we seek simple pleasures around here...

More later... going to have fun with the kids tomorrow, so I may take a day off. Or maybe not...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 05:07 AM   #2
bsftcs
Red Dragon

So far as I recall, a sufficiently adept spellcaster can revive a character from ashes.

The shut doors in the beginning the Serpent Temple only open if one 1) accepts Kreug's quest and cleanse the filth or 2) at any point kills Kreug.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:39 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Well, there it is then... we don't have any adept spellcasters

I don't think I'd ever noticed that the doors didn't open before. So much for my powers of observation... [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote