Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 08-29-2006, 11:43 PM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Nope, I didn't sneak two more in... just didn't have a good title for "eight"

Last night... back to the crypt, and almost ready to take on Scabban and the "undercrypt". Donations at the temple got us one more stone to flesh potion, and as Periwinkle was trying to level up and learn her first level 6 Stone spell... you guessed it. Ol' Rumphy gave us another elephant statue.

So Lightfingers used that one single solitary lonely last chance potion on Periwinkle, and the two-ton lady succeeding in staying alive until Rumphy could be killed a couple more times, and she could level up.

That, of course, meant that things were good as long as she didn't get stoned... again... so we had to continue a bit while waiting for Eljayess to get her first level 6 Stone spell. Eventually, we did that, and life is now good... except that they can each cast it exactly once... Man, that's a lot of mana for these peasants!

They cleaned out the rest of the crypt's upper levels, including all the coffins, the secret rooms, and collecting both jindols.

'Course, in true W&W fashion, they *WILL* hunt you down... and the spirits of the wizard and warrior kept chasing them throughout the chamber areas. Turns out that the Wizard spirit will take damage from dispel undead... not sure about the warrior, because we didn't think to try it out quickly enough. By the time the battle was over, though, the peasants had exited all the way past Kerah's statue and up into the mana fountain room, where they drank, healed, dispelled, and repeated. That was *NOT* fun...

The only good side is that Periwinkle now has her first level 7 stone spell... and you guessed it, good traveller.... meteor storm it is. Gotta have a storm spell no matter what... and with that, we *should* be able to take out Scabban. Four evils... no, not yet. Need at least one more storm spell for that

Everyone else has levelled up, and we're now at a level where it's too much work to do the Rumphy. Everyone needs around 15,000 XP to level up, and no way are we going to sit there and whack on Rumphy for hours to get them. It's time for the way of the wizard and warrior, and the rewards that wait down there...

I did check for the Ring of Saints, and it's not there. Pity... I do so hate missing quests. We'll go get the Scabban quest for the wizards and then head out to find him... and put him out of his misery.

On a positive note, I'm positively delighted that Flicker now has Dispell Undead. It works wonders on groups of skeletons...

Not much else happened. Still takes forever to hit most large things, and the wizards still have the most kills by far. The others may catch up soon, though... we'll see. In the meantime, the wizards are applying their attribute points to INT. All in the quest for more skill points... Periwinkle should get something in the next couple of levels, when she hits 12 INT.

I'll check to see what level they are now. I suspect they're around 8 or so, but I don't recall. They're about to train (well, except for Lightfingers), so we'll see what happens next.

About time, too. I'm tired of doing the Rumphy.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 12:08 PM   #2
bsftcs
Red Dragon

At least Scabban is worth a good deal of experience points. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2006, 02:57 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Less than Rumphy, amigo... stay tuned...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote