Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 02-15-2004, 10:50 PM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

No, this isn't going to be another round of adventures like Missy's, but I'd like to brief you on the Den of Thieves' activities.

They finally got back to Ishad N'ha with a couple of them with high enough stats to train as ninjas. One started training, went and joined the Bushi guild, and stopped. With enough gold to buy a trio of Takekatsu arrows and enough time for a little arbitrage, money is no longer an issue in the Den. All six thieves have now guild-hopped over to the wizards' guild, and are working on their first quests. Unfortunately, they require going to Shurugeon Castle, so until we can get some fire bombs, we're not even thinking about it... they WILL hunt you down, you know [img]smile.gif[/img]

We're heading back into Valeia for some easier guild work. Most of the crew has made it over to the warrior's guild as well, but we're not doing any of the quests until we can all do them. I'd hate to leave an opportunity for some experience at this moment...

We've had a lot of fun in the Serpent Temple. We've taken the expensive route, paying Kreug his initial 1000GP and paying the dowry priests every time they extor- ahm... solicit more donations. Paying Kreug was interesting; there was a serpent priest in there who attacked as we were talking, and when we finished and were new members, he was still angry. We left and came back, and he was cool with us.

I've noticed there are two classes of Dowry priests. One hits you for a 50GP donation, and the other for a 200GP donation. 'Course, it may be that every fifth time it's a big one, but I'm not really interested in all that much experimentation [img]smile.gif[/img] I divided the party's gold so that whoever was active would have enough to pay for the necessary bribe. So far, so good... I've gotten close to 40 serpin coins off the priests (by buying them), and with those I've had to use, I've had two of the six in the Den complete that first thieves' guild quest. I tell ya, it gets annoying when in the middle of a battle, you hear that "*ahem* It has come to my attention..." that signifies another dowry priest looking for a handout I learned the hard way in Missy's game that if you don't answer Yes when they ask, the answer is no...

Scabban is also in one spot in the crypt... in the pool in the other side. He can't swim up either, so when it's time, I know right where he's at...

Not much else new. I've decided that the Den will remain as rogues throughout the entire game, except for one who can become an assassin. Nothing else feels like a logical progression (except perhaps ninja), and I'm looking for a challenge.

More later. Gotta go kill something [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 09:19 AM   #2
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Yes, I had always hoped there was a special bonus for joining the cult, but it is a waste of time. 1) It costs money, 2) One misses a great opportunity to gain a lot of experience points, and 3) the Naga will still try to kill anyone who approaches her (i.e. it is NOT EVEN an easier way to gain the snakeskin trait).
Old 02-16-2004, 10:33 AM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Ah, but there is a small bonus -- you can buy serpin coins from the priests. They don't always drop them, but you can always buy one. And at 5GP each, they're cheap...

Once I've got all sixty serpin coins, though, I'm going to go on a mass slaughter throughout the temple and get some of that gold back. [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Old 02-16-2004, 03:37 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

hehehe

Someone is always asking you to "GIVE"!!

Wyv
Old 02-16-2004, 11:16 PM   #5
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Ah, but there is a small bonus -- you can buy serpin coins from the priests. They don't always drop them, but you can always buy one. And at 5GP each, they're cheap...

Once I've got all sixty serpin coins, though, I'm going to go on a mass slaughter throughout the temple and get some of that gold back. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Can't you just pick pocket the coins?

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 11:35 AM   #6
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Yes that was a bonus I forgot: Being able to purchase coins that would otherwise come for free.

No, honestly, I get your point. You can stop throwing things at me now. [img]graemlins/troutslap.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2004, 10:56 PM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

You can certainly pickpocket the coins. And by that point, you're probably such a high level in your pickpocket skill that you have nearly a 100% success rate, right? And as soon as one catches you, they all turn on you, and then you're pickpocketing while trying not to get killed...

In a stronger party, I'd probably try stealing as well. For a stealth party like the Den, now that money's not an issue, it's a small price to pay.

And I'll get 'em all back later [img]graemlins/evilhaha.gif[/img]
-+-+-+