Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 02-09-2004, 09:10 AM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Okay, folks, here's a question for you. All ideas and inputs are requested.

A den of thieves party* will have a long time before they can join a guild and get any extra training. That means that the ability points you start with are pretty much it, unless you can find an ankh or seventeen. So....

Where should you apply your attribute points at character creation? I first thought it should be intelligence (to maximize skill points), but then thought it should be fortitude (to maximize HP, and since you can't train in it). Now that the gang is level 3-5, I'm thinking that Fortitude may not have been the right choice.

What do you think?

*edit* I should mention that my battles with Rumphy (both of them!) have been legendary: whiff! whiff! whiff! whiff! hit! whiff! whiff! whiff! whiff! hit! and so on. Except there are more like thirty whiffs to every hit.

===
* Den of thieves party: All rogues
===

[ 02-09-2004, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 09:52 AM   #2
WillowIX
Apophis

Well I usually boost the dexterity of most rogues, second and third options are intelligence and fortitude. It depends on how you will use them. ou could try boosting a different stat for each of the characters and see what is best/most enjoyable.
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 09:52 AM   #3
So So
Zhentarim Guard

Hmmm....the with the way I play I would do as you said max out my Intell...Bad for now but the reward of getting more attribute points later is definitely a plus for me... Just my opinion...

Oh yea...I would also try getting more dex on one party member so he could do damage a bit quicker to your enemies...

Hope that helps some...

[ 02-09-2004, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: So So ]
Old 02-09-2004, 09:58 AM   #4
Radek
Red Dragon

I think that you should allocate your attribute points so that you'll be able to join guilds, change roles, pretend to change roles , and perform guild hopping in Ishad N'Ha. Therefore, your attributes should be 10 10 10 10 - 12 10 10 12 when you reach Ishad N'Ha.

The other criteria seems to be of lower importance:
- SPI need not be super high because you cannot cast magic or get spell points until you change role. You can improve your INT during your way to Ishad N'Ha.
- INT will give you a few more skill points but that's all. It depends on how fast do you want to reach Ishad N'Ha. If you aren't about to hurry then, perhaps, the lost skill points can be taken into account. Moreover, when you cannot train in Valeia.
- WIL can wait definitely. I think WIL 10 in Ishad N'Ha is enough.
- PER does not matter at all. I think PER 10 in Ishad N'ha is enough.
- STR is another attribute for consideration. You will need STR 12 in Ishad N'Ha and, moreover, STR determines your carrying capacity.
- AGI and DEX: well, DEX is a thief attribute but also, well, if your AGI and DEX is low then a bit higher value will not help. I think AGI and DEX 10 in Ishad N'Ha is good enough.
- END: This attribute does not seem to help you too much but you will need END 12 in Ishad N'Ha. Therefore, some investing in END should take place.

Summary: INT, STR, END. Otherwise, invest "in advance" according to your planned career.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:38 PM   #5
bsftcs
Red Dragon

I think you should specialize each of your characters taking in to account, of course, which skills you can improve via buying extra skill points in the guilds and donating to the temple.
Old 02-09-2004, 09:38 PM   #6
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Radek, good points for sure. But the original challenge for this was not to "ahem, use the force" but to start and finish with a group of same class critters.

I would set it to paper first and figure out all 6 critters from start role to end game. Then assign the initial points for all 6 to Int, as we all know a good start in Int will reap dividends at levels 3+. Then 1 would be the melee guy plus scout, 2 would be melee plus potions, 3 would be locks and staff, 4 would be PP and staff, 5 would be bow or throwing, as would 6. And possibly figure out some other stuff to train in.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote