Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2002, 04:09 PM   #1
Mr Creosote
The Magister

Apart from the Assassin's dagger. I found Talon's Claw in Colassium but it is cursed. Any real good daggers? I fancy soloing a char wielding twin daggers.

Cheers
Mr Creosote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 04:48 PM   #2
KAR_MOD1
Drow Warrior

a blessed main gauche +2 is probably the best off-hand weapon in the game..
Old 11-04-2002, 09:27 PM   #3
So So
Zhentarim Guard

Also i find after playing the game for a while again, the Wizard's Blade (fully blessed) is a very decent instrument of death as well.....
Old 11-04-2002, 10:16 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I'm with these guys. A nicely-blessed Wizard's Blade in your strong hand with a nicely-blessed Main Gauche +2 in your off hand make a serious damage combination. Add some prowess and gallantry to the mix, and you've got a powder keg ready to blow. And to light the match, just hide in shadows -- damage can easily double.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 10:25 PM   #5
the_young_one
Manshoon

Definitely wizards blade blessed 14 times for damage is an insane weapon..
the_young_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 01:29 AM   #6
Olli Kalma

Damn I hate those cursed weapons!
I put skull dagger to main weapon and +1 main gauche to seacond hand and started adventure. Yes I knew that you cannot take cursed weapon off, but I though that skull d. is great weapon and if I want to loose it just go to temple and uncurse it!.
Everything went quite well until... My character loses hitpoint, intellec, etc... Damn those cursed weapons!
Now I have +1 main gauche and +2 dagger. Both enchanted and blessed...
My dagger-men has started samurai training yesterday and is now 5th level samurai. Then I train him to assassin. Assassin dagger and +1 modified main gauche with backstab etc. makes my assassin very powerful! Assassin D. is the most powerful dagger I know at this point at the game.. But as you know my game goes on!
Old 11-05-2002, 04:51 AM   #7
Radek
Red Dragon

1. The best dagger is the Wizard Blade. The first sure Wizard Blade is in the Skull castle in the "treasure room". Save the game and open the chest repeatedly. Success granted.
2. The best off hand dagger is the Assassin Dagger. The second best off hand dagger is Main Gauche +2. The Assassin Dagger is a quest item. The main gauche can be found randomly in Brimloch Roon area. A sure main gauche is, again, in the treasure room of Skull Castle (there are 2 chests there [img]smile.gif[/img] ).
3. Talon Fang. This dagger is cursed seriously and has the stoning ability. I cannot recommend it even if Talon Fang can be blessed. The stoning ability is a nuisance: the stoned monster cannot be attacked (at least, it cannot be attacked with any weapon) and it cannot be looted. Also, you do not get any XP. You have to un-stone the monster and continue killing it.
4. Daggers are good weapons. I tried an assassin with a wizard blade and the assassin dagger. I have seen
- wizard blade: damage mostly above 120. Top damage seen - 196.
- assassins dagger: damage mostly about 100. Top damage seen - 154
Note: the assassin was under Heroic Might, Frenzy and Haste. The damages above are damages in melee combat. They are not backstabs.
Old 11-06-2002, 12:29 PM   #8
So So
Zhentarim Guard

i dont know if i am wrong or not (tell me if i am) but if you stone a creature, you can still gain Exp. cuz i finished the game for the first time the other day, and i restarted... the first thing i did was stone and kill the mysterious "Traveler" and i gained like about 10 000 exp points for doing so...
Also, if you are looking for a Wizard's Blade, i find it quite easy to get once you get to the Talrik side of Brimloch Roon, all you have to do is turn your monster frequency up and wait for the insane number of pirates and centaurs... they drop some pretty good stuff other than the Wizard Blades too...