Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2002, 10:17 PM   #1
morningstar
The Magister

Read your post on smilies but am I dumb? I missed where to look for them. Searched all this page is it somewhere else? Also I asked for the search to be put back as it saves time looking through the past 12 months of archives! Also have asked how to put on a picture but have not had an answer yet, can you advise please?
Old 07-31-2002, 10:54 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I'm not WillowIX, but I've seen her around these parts...

What WillowIX was referring to is the FAQ link on the upper right corner of your screen. You can't see it while looking at this post, but if you go all the way to the top... (go ahead and look... I'll wait... okay...), you can click on it and the second question is about using smilies. It points to a link which lists a large number of smilie codes.

To add a picture, click on My Profile up in the same area, then click on Update My Profile. Within the signature section, include the UBB code to link to your picture. For reference (since I didn't know either), the syntax is like this:
[ IMG ] h t tp://your_pic [ /IMG ]

Take out extra spaces until it works...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 06:14 AM   #3
WillowIX
Apophis

Bungleau has given you the answer I see. But instead of going to the FAQ go to "Graphics Library" at the top of the page. In there is the list of all the smileys and what you write to get them in your posts. If you want a graphic signature, be sure to upload your picture to a site that allows remote linking (lycos is one). IF you don´t have a pic of your own go to the general discussion and look for the "Sig Doctor" thread.
Old 08-01-2002, 10:35 PM   #4
morningstar
The Magister

Thanks Bungleau and Willow! I will try your suggestions! Did you see I have progressed to Dungeon Master?
Old 08-01-2002, 10:45 PM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Congrats! May your travels through the boards be as enjoyable as the trails through the Gael Serran.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 07:04 AM   #6
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hi MOrningstar, I have just been through all this, go to the "who's your best charactor" thread on page 1. It explains it pretty well. When you first get your sig it will be backdated from the time that you started posting unless Wyvern can stop that for you. There are some really cool sigs for sheila's on the general forum. Pick a good one.
Old 08-02-2002, 11:51 PM   #7
morningstar
The Magister

Thanks kev, I will explore this further!
Old 08-03-2002, 05:09 PM   #8
WillowIX
Apophis

And if you do decide to add a graphic sig, please remember to only add one per thread. (There´s a small box you have to uncheck before posting)
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2002, 06:39 AM   #9
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

Wouldn't it be better if you had to check that box to apply your sig. That would save on multiple sigs in threads & also that problem with the backdated sigs.
kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 05:04 AM   #10
WillowIX
Apophis

Yes Kev it would defintively be better that way. But if you check the General Discussion there are sigs in every post, no one cares about one per thread. I think this is the only board with that "rule". But then, we are the best LOL!
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote